Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy J3

(Topic created on: 24-08-2021 05:11 PM)
Condor09
First Poster
Options
Phone keeps stopping. Can get incoming calls but not outgoing. Any ideas how to fix.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@Condor09: Please can you provide further details of the issue? Is the Phone app stopping/closing down when you attempt to make calls, and are you getting any error messages? Are you still able to send and receive text messages? Are you on a Pay As You Go contract? 

In the meantime, please open the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Supplementary Services > Call Barring > Voice Call, and make sure that all options here are toggled off, 'All Outgoing Calls'. Now, head to Settings > Connections > Flight Mode, and toggle this off if it is enabled. Similarly, head to Settings > Notifications > Do Not Disturb, and toggle this option off.

If the issue persists, please remove your SIM, give the gold contacts a rub, and put it back to see if this helps. If the issue is only affecting certain contacts, please open the Contacts app, select an affected contact, tap the 3 dots in the top right, and select Unblock Contact, if applicable. I also recommend reaching out to your network provider to see if there are any restrictions on your account, or to the service in your current area. 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @Condor09 

Does this happen intermittently  ?

Does this happen in one place or everywhere  ?

Does this happen with all calls or specific contacts ?

As a process of elimination try your sim card in another phone and then see what happens.

Your sim card may need Sim Swapping.

Also have a word with your Network's Customer Services to check your account.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes