Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy A5 (2017) - no headphone icon

(Topic created on: 04-02-2017 10:30 AM)
Netten
Student
Options

Just bought the new Galaxy A5 (2017). When i connect the included headphiones i get no headphone icon on the phone,  headphones and controls work. Is this correct, is there a setting I can turn on? Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @Netten, thanks for joining our Community!

What you describe is perfectly normal - the headphone symbol is no longer present when connecting headphones.

How're you finding the phone?

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Solution
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @Netten, thanks for joining our Community!

What you describe is perfectly normal - the headphone symbol is no longer present when connecting headphones.

How're you finding the phone?

0 Likes
Netten
Student
Options

Thanks for reply. Very happy with phone so far, both cameras great.

Yuri1
First Poster
Options

I have a problem, when i plug in my earphone, i hear beeping sound, and its nit stopping even if u restarted the phone and reset the settings, still beeping.. but when i remove it, it is not beeping in the speaker.. the problen is when i plug iit back it beeps again, though i play music, its is still beeping.. what should i do?

0 Likes
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Some things to try :smiling-face:

Have you tried different headphones? 

Have you tried the same headphone in a different device?

Clean the headphone port (some times dust/lint will cause issues) a short burst of compressed air will do it or if you do not have that to hand put a straw in a balloon and use the straw as a air jet to clean it out. (avoid blowing in to it as this will cause moister and make it worse). @Yuri1

Khattak
First Poster
Options

I bought my A5 2017 last week but did not check headphone jack, that it's working or not. Today when plug in headphone it is not working, sound come out directly from mobile. Tried both on watch YouTube and on calling. Please help in this regards.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Khattak.

Did you manage to sort this? If not, did you try a different set of headphones to check if it's the headphones or the jack that's the issue? 

0 Likes
Pcoleman1971
First Poster
Options

I have a similar problem.  No sound when plugging in the headphones.  I have attempted with multiple headphones.

I get sound from phone speakers.

0 Likes
marghw
First Poster
Options

my headphones supplied with my new a5 phone do not chage sound from phone to headphones

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Pcoleman1971. If the same issue is happening with multiple headphones, it's likely to be a hardware issue with the phone. Assuming you've checked and cleared the headphone jack on the phone for any obstructions, I'd advise getting it checked out at your nearest Support Centre (if you've not done so already).

Hi @marghw. Are you able to try a different pair of headphones to check if it's the headphones or phone that's the cause for you?

0 Likes