Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy A3 issues after Android update to Oreo

(Topic created on: 05-06-2018 01:30 PM)
LizCara
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

There is a thread over on the Smasung US site but I can't see anything here. I updated my phone at the weekend to Oreo and now whenever I try to connect my phone to a public wifi (my private home wifi is fine) my phone goes crazy- it starts to heat up, the battery starts to drain, it freezes and then re-sets itself. Before it freezes, I am also unable to get it to turn wifi off. Anyone else having this issue and is there a fix on the way please Samsung?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Other Smartphones

If a phone isn't performing correctly after an update then I would suggest the following @LizCara

Turn the phone Off and then from a set series of button presses which will take you into the System File Cache clear the System Files. This won't delete any of your own saved info in the phone. 

Another option is to Back Up and Factory Reset. 

Finally a Samsung Service Centre will be able to help you further with this situation.

I wish you all the best with this situation.

Current Phone > Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

View solution in context

1 REPLY 1
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Other Smartphones

If a phone isn't performing correctly after an update then I would suggest the following @LizCara

Turn the phone Off and then from a set series of button presses which will take you into the System File Cache clear the System Files. This won't delete any of your own saved info in the phone. 

Another option is to Back Up and Factory Reset. 

Finally a Samsung Service Centre will be able to help you further with this situation.

I wish you all the best with this situation.

Current Phone > Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

View solution in context