Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy 7 won't turn on or charge

(Topic created on: 14-06-2020 11:01 AM)
MuddyV1
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

So my s7 froze, and then turned off. Everytime I turn it back on it turns off after about 30 seconds of being at the home screen. 

I tried booting it in safe mode (and the other mode, the name escapes me)  but I couldn't make it back to the home screen.

Now, it won't turn on at all, and even when plugged in it won't turn on, the led doesn't light up either. 

I really want to get the pictures (pictures of my daughters first few days too) back but have no idea if it's possible. 

I tried using the "Broken Android Data Extraction" software but it doesn't pick up there's anything connected.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Am I able to extract the hard drive or memory from from the phone and put it in another?

Many thanks 

James

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It would be better if the phone remained On in some way to be able to hook it upto a Pc to be abke to use software to get into the phones storage.

I've not used other software so can't recommend any.

Perhaps wait until the Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centres re open on or after the 25th of June and they might be abke to help.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

For people coming across this post from a forum search / Google Search......

On a side note this is one of the reasons it's a good idea to back up such data to a sd card , Google or in my preferences when I take a photo it auto uploads to Dropbox.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Ok,do nkt attempt further manouvers on your device. The problem can be due to 2 facts, battery gone or logic board gone or both at the same time.

Do not try to charge your phone or recover data with apps since they cannot do that...

Bring it to a samsung costumer services, there a tecnician will inspect it, if you are lucky a battery swap will save your phone, if unlucky and the logic board got damaged there are no practical/economical ways to get data back from your memory chip... there are very few people around the world who can desotter the memory chip and implant it onto a working motherboard to let you recover data, and they are not cheap or easy to find given the mastert required...

0 Likes