Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgotton passcode

(Topic created on: 06-02-2021 09:26 PM)
Members_kqciIQl
First Poster
Options

Hi I have forgotton my passcode  to unlock my phone and other settings. I can still use my fingerprint to open my phone but at some point my phone will turn off and then I will need my passcode to unlock. I tried to reset to factory settings but j need to passcode to do this. Great security but I am worried that my phone will soon be unusable once I am unable to use my fingerprint to unlock it. Any suggestions welcome! 

Thank you 

Helen 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Bexstar
Journeyman
Options
When you put the passcode in wrong a few times it should say "forgot passcode" and allow you to sign in with your Google account details 😊
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you have a PC log into Find My Mobile in your Samsung account you can unlock it from there.
0 Likes
Members_kqciIQl
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have tried so many fiffrrrnt possible passwords that now i onlyget 1 chance and then locked out for 60secs. No Google option.  I read about this and tried anyway but no luck. 

0 Likes
Members_kqciIQl
First Poster
Options

I read about this option but won't i still need to unlock my phone with the passcode using find my device? Also does it allow passcode change?  

0 Likes
Members_kqciIQl
First Poster
Options

Ha ha not sure what autocorrect did then but it was supposed to read 'different! 

0 Likes
AzadRobertson
Pathfinder
Options
hi there a bit annoying? this happened to my mate. he had to reset his. I would just go on to the phone back up everything pit in an ad card transfer it all then. I would factory reset. by either spamming the password or by connecting to a pc. if not though you could use smart unlock to keep it unlocked near a speaker or your house or even when you are walking.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
No, you don't need your pass, once in the phone you can change it.
0 Likes