Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprints

(Topic created on: 14-04-2021 08:36 AM)
Vickyh999
Journeyman
Options
Why has my fingerprints stopped working from the update? My fingerprints have not and will not change. I had to remove biometrics from all my apps 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
7 REPLIES 7
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Vickyh999  Unfortunately sometime happens and you need to delete the fingerprints and register again.  However if issue develops again may need to clear the cache partition,  some think this is advisable after major updates anyway as this deletes the temporary files without affecting your Data.    In Android 11:

1. Turn off your device Connect your device to the PC via USB (not to the charger)  or USB-C  Headphones

2. Wait until the message that the device is being charged appears (when connected to computer)

3. Press and hold down the volume up and then power buttons plus Bixby key (if your device has one) and hold them until the device turns on.

4. Recovery menu should appear from there select "Wipe cache partition" (you can navigate using volume up/down buttons and confirm with a power button).

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Vickyh999
Journeyman
Options
I deleted them and wen i try again this comes up

Screenshot_20210414-144011.jpg

0 Likes
wra01
Pioneer
Options
What happens if you add a new Biometric?
0 Likes
Vickyh999
Journeyman
Options
It wont let me. Every time i try it says couldnt register your fingerprint.
0 Likes
Vickyh999
Journeyman
Options
This

Screenshot_20210415-071740_Samsung Members.jpg

0 Likes
Miguess
First Poster
Options

I'm having the exact same problem in my A40 after the update, the sensor won't let me to register the fingerprint.

0 Likes
Mdjahed
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20240329-132424.jpg

0 Likes