Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint not working

(Topic created on: 15-06-2017 05:37 PM)
Bigyun2000UK
Apprentice
Options

Hiya all.

Just received a new Sansung S7 Edge.  However when I look through Settings/Lock screen & Security/Fingerprints, I am getting the error message "An error has occurred with the Fingerprint Sensor. If this message appears repeatedly, restart your device".

I restart the device but still have same issues.

Any assistance please.

Thanks

Bigyun2000UK

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Bigyun2000UK
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your support.  The phone will be returned to retailer.

Kind regards

Bigyun2000UK

View solution in context

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
TracyR
Options

Hey @Bigyun2000UK,

Did you perfor a Soft Reboot on your phone? Let’s try a soft reboot, to do this, press and hold the Power and Volume Down button for around 5 seconds until the phone restarts. 

You can also try clearing the cache: To do this follow these steps: Turn your phone off, then press and hold the Power, Home and Volume Up buttons together. Once all buttons are held for a few second your phone should vibrate - at this point you can release all buttons. Samsung recovery mode will now be displayed. Scroll down and select 'Clear Cache Partition' (Use the Volume keys to scroll and the Power button to select). Once this is complete, scroll down and select 'Reboot System Now'. 

:womanhappy:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
Bigyun2000UK
Apprentice
Options
Completed but still have same issue. I have also tried reset.
Thanks
0 Likes
TracyR
Options

Thanks for letting me know @Bigyun2000UK!

If you've performed a full Factory Data Reset then I'd advise taking your phone back to your retailer for an exchange. 

:womanhappy:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
Solution
Bigyun2000UK
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your support.  The phone will be returned to retailer.

Kind regards

Bigyun2000UK

0 Likes
Anusha
First Poster
Options

Its been one year i did nt have any error now my fingerprint sensor is not workingg

I have factory reset my phone and rebooted but prblm still havent resolved 

Vaasanthi
Apprentice
Options

Hello sir 

This is vaasanthi 

I just followed the steps as u guided  me by the committee.this phone was purchased just 4 days ago on 08 June 2020.while I am using this phone  suddenly  it displayed that error in the fingerprint scanner .Then I restarted   and reset the phone then it started working and again it started  showing  the error in the fingerprint scanner it's not working now. 

Screenshot_20200612-185239_Settings.jpg

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Vaasanthi ,

as this was purchased 4 days ago and it is persisting after a reset I would recommend contacting the seller or retailer to get this replaced. 

0 Likes
Vaasanthi
Apprentice
Options

Hello sir

This is vaasanthi

This mobile is purchased in Samsung shop

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That is fine @Vaasanthi . In this case, you will need to reach our Online Shop colleagues so they can provide you with the next steps: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/ 

0 Likes