Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally some good news

(Topic created on: 25-05-2022 07:12 PM)
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

Finally, we in EU got rid of this abomination of a failure called Exynos 🥳. Welcome  Qualcom Snapdragon from TSMC foundries, we welcome you with our arm wide open. 😍🥰

The FACT that i PRETEND to believe you, DOES NOT mean i actually believe you.
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Krisalex79 

I've read some online blogs etc in regards to this.

Two being > https://www.gsmarena.com/qualcomms_snapdragon_8_gen_1_to_be_made_by_tsmc-news. 

And

https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsungs-horrible-yield-qualcomm-give-tsmc-business. 

Can you please add a link to where Samsung have officially stated they are discontinuing the use of their own Exynos chipset.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I doubt they will abandon Exynos, there's too much been invested in it already. If not used in the flagship range it could still be used other products. Also TSMC fabricate wafers of chips for many companies including AMD and NVIDIA so I wouldn't read too much into them producing Qualcomm stuff.
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
Yay finally! S23 ultra and s24 ultra will not have the crappy exynos chip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLLitZfu2FY

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Many of us will have now heard from multiple sources out there that Samsung will be dropping the use of Exynos chips for the entire S23 and S24 ranges @BandOfBrothers, but from what I have heard and understand this two year spell will give Samsung time to develop a stand alone Exynos chip that will be fully optimized for Samsung phones ONLY in a bid to draw alongside and then surpass Apple's bionic chips in terms of performance test figures and efficiency. Samsung have been honest and wise enough to realise that this performance gap will not be closed overnight. It should not have been allowed to develop at all. When Exynos chips return as planned in the S25 series it will be globally and set for world domination performance wise. In theory. We have all heard such bold claims before. 👍 👍
0 Likes
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

well Qualcom will not sleep, neither will apple. I have no idea what miracle from what god samsung needs to pull this trough but it will not be as easy. Qualcom will also develop and improve, and the global sales of Snapdragons from Samsung will give the money for R&D to Qualcom. 

Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Indeed @Krisalex79 it has all the potential of being a real BATTLE ROYALE with us consumers hopefully being the big winners..👍👍
0 Likes
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

Babishko, it is a battle royale, but we consumers are the battleground for this battle royale.