Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to Update Firmware - New Pie Update

(Topic created on: 30-03-2020 10:58 AM)
Robbie_G
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I'm unable to update my Samsung J3 (2017) with the new Pie software.

I've managed to download the software successfully.  However when trying to install, it repeatedly gets to 25% and then I get an error message ("Failed to Update Firmware").

I've tried wiping the cache partition, and have loads of storage left (over 4.5GB) so this can't be a problem.

Please can anyone help and advise on a solution?

Thanks

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Spud1
First Poster
Options

Hello mate I found your advice very helpful and useful, as my son had the same problem with the failure to fully update the firmware. 

Thanks again for your post

0 Likes
Jasong2658
First Poster
Options
That's same for me I got a new s7 and trying update it but it's saying error on 25%
0 Likes
Kelechi
First Poster
Options

Please how can I locate and wipe the cache partition on my Galaxy J3 (2017)?

I had an issue trying to update firmware Samsung Experience 9.0. After a successful download, installation stopped at 24%. Please can someone help?

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@Kelechi wrote:

Please how can I locate and wipe the cache partition on my Galaxy J3 (2017)?

I had an issue trying to update firmware Samsung Experience 9.0. After a successful download, installation stopped at 24%. Please can someone help?

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-37830

If that doesn't help, do a factory reset.

0 Likes
Masuud
First Poster
Options

I don't have access to a pc so is there any other way for me to download the update? My phone keeps notifying  me of an update but I can't start the upload no matter what, keeps saying there is an error.

0 Likes
mehwish123
First Poster
Options

I m also facing the same issue with my Samsung A20s

0 Likes
CLMx
First Poster
Options
I have a samsumg a71. I left my update for around a week and ow it wont let me update it whatsoever just says failed trying to download the firmware.
0 Likes