Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Factory reset won't work on Galaxy S7 Edge

(Topic created on: 26-02-2020 03:46 PM)
nesimmonds90
Student
Options

So I stupidly set up a pattern lock on my old phone and even though I know the pattern it won't unlock my phone.  The phone died because I bought a new phone so haven't been using it, and the only way to unlock the phone is with the pattern that won't work. I tried doing a factory reset by holding down the volume up and home button, and then holding down the power (so holding all buttons at same time) but nothing happens. Any ideas? Thanks in advance 😊

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@nesimmonds90: Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Galaxy S7 Edge. Can you also try pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts to see if this helps? If you have Find My Mobile set up on the phone then you can sign in to your Samsung Account via the link below and remotely unlock the phone from here.

https://findmymobile.samsung.com/login.do

If you successfully regain access to the phone then you will be required to set any lock screen security features back up. Hope this helps.
nesimmonds90
Student
Options

Thank you very much, the down volume button worked :smiling-face:

Justin Shaw
First Poster
Options

Hello. To factory reset a Samsung Galaxy phone with a Home button, please follow the steps below.

Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons for 7 to 10 seconds to force the phone to reboot. Once you feel the phone vibrate slightly, press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously. When the Samsung logo appears, release all the buttons and the iPhone will enter Android Recovery mode. Then you can select “wipe data/factory reset” to start resetting the phone to factory settings.

In addition, as AndrewL said, if you have a Google or Samsung account logged into your phone, you can also use it to factory reset your phone remotely from the web. Here is a more detailed tutorial that should help: https://www.isumsoft.com/android/factory-reset-samsung-phone-that-is-locked.html

0 Likes