Support

Open search

Emails suddenly won't send on GS8

Highlighted
First Poster

For the past 2 weeks I suddenly can not send or forward emails from any of my accounts on my phone. I can receive though. It dosnt matter if it' WiFi or data either. 

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

Using the standard email app on Samsung Devices (tab4, s9 and s5) we can received emails with pop account but not send.

Have tested the email address on other non Samsung Devices with no issues.

Checked the outgoing setting with email account provider who confirmed they were correct.

Please assist.....

Highlighted

Hey @Chirny ,

this may be caused by an authentication problem. In order to gain access to your email, you will need to sign in to your account using a web browser. You may need to generate an app-specific password and use this to sign in to your account rather than your usual password. Once done, add the account again using this credentials and ensure that sync is turned on for this account.

I was misdirected by the Mail app whose error was pointing to a wi-fi connection problem. In my case the solution was to review the email server settings and correct the name of the smtp server. How it worked until last month is a mistery.

Highlighted

Help.  For 3 weeks now I cannot send emails.  It keeps saying my mailbox is full.  

All sent emails are still waiting in outbox unsent.

I am not very techy so please help.

Highlighted
First Poster
samsung email has stopped sending emails today, no settings have bern changed
Top Liked Authors