Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email and message app won't update

(Topic created on: 13-07-2020 07:30 PM)
mike1138
Apprentice
Options
I have the orange N on my samsung email and messages. I have tried to update them to no avail, does anyone else have this prob.i have a note 8.
Thanks Mike.
16 REPLIES 16
Lisao73
Apprentice
Options

Same thing is happening to me too .. even uninstalled and reinstalled the app and turned phone off then back on and it's still there

Biker74
Pathfinder
Options
Yep, got that too. Won't update. Tried the usual off and on, uninstall and reinstall.

Can't recall if the update notification was there before today's July security update or not.
switchboxkiller
Student
Options

same issue with my S7... its up to date - ver.6.1.12.1. however, notification is available for an update to ver6.1.12.1... wtf 

mike1138
Apprentice
Options
i've tried everything and nothing seems to make them update
switchboxkiller
Student
Options

same issue with my S7, currently samsung mail app is up to date (latest version) dated today. hoevwer its showing the orange "N" for a new update dated today. i tried to un install re install and clear cache and data. "SAME *****"  or results.

LyndaK
First Poster
Options

Yes. I have 9+ and it won't update either....

0 Likes
IceC00l
Journeyman
Options
same here with my s10+ - checked on samsung galaxy store and it IS up to date so there must be some stuck update flag incorrectly set.
0 Likes
Jerry70
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S10+ here in Australia.  Tried all the fixes, uninstalling, reinstalling and restarting phone.  I noticed on the app store sites that it doesn't show that the app needs updating on Google and Samsung.  I suspect it may be a technical glitch at Samsung's end and we will probably have to wait until its resolved

0 Likes
Lisao73
Apprentice
Options

I just checked again and it's updated now ... looks like they fixed the glitch