Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Durable phone in general

(Topic created on: 29-03-2022 08:36 PM)
long87
First Poster
Options

This is just a quick one but I'm feeling that there is a need for a more reliably built phone for those in trades such as construction etc? Now I know you can get a case etc but why can't the phone just be built to withstand drops, dust etc? Let's cut out the best rated camera etc in way for a better battery life? I've found I do love the Samsung galaxy s20 I have at current but feel I don't use it to its full potential. I'd be happier with a phone that I know that's not gonna drop from a small height and shatter like my galaxy s20 did after only 3 months. I think it's fair to mention it wasn't from a great height at all about 6 inches. If not perhaps drop the repair costs to get such damages repaired?  

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
There is and they exist from other brands, Nokia X range are fairly rugged but JCB and Caterpillar branded phones are available too. Not sure who has the license to use their branding but my Brother uses a JCB phone and it's reasonably good. Samsung are missing a segment
0 Likes
long87
First Poster
Options
Yeah this is my thing. I've seen those JCB phones and they are already incased in a decent surrounding. Now like my post said I don't probably use half of the features my s20 has but honestly I'd like a phone thats not made of biscuits. This is what's made me think of coming away from Samsung and paying for the device out right. I do though love how my watch that I have which is Samsung works with my current Samsung phone. I just hope no one at Apple sees this and beat Samsung to the punch 🙄
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Then look at the Nokia XR20
0 Likes
long87
First Poster
Options
Yeah maybe a thought
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I have their G50, I got it in January this year with a clear case, fast charger and extended warranty for £209. The phone isn't the best spec but it is really solid and performs flawlessly because there's no user interface bloat laid over Android. Probably not rugged enough for what you want though, it has a screen protector (film type) pre-applied and the clear case to provide a bumper and protection for the back and camera bump
0 Likes