Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dubai Note 8 not receiving updates in India

(Topic created on: 23-06-2021 09:45 AM)
Sarthak0312
First Poster
Options

I bought my Samsung Note 8 in 2018 and the last update i received was security update patch of August 2018. My phone always says that I already have the latest version installed. Can anybody help me updatw my phone?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Sarthak0312 ,

are you able to confirm if you are based in India and if you are using a SIM card from this region since the beginning? 

You can try to use Smart Switch to see if there are any updates available for your phone. To do it you just need to follow these steps:

•Go to Samsung's Smart Switch website (https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/where-can-i-download-samsung-smart-switch-for-pc-o...) and download for PC or Mac.

•Install and open Smart Switch on your computer and connect your phone via its USB cable. If you haven't plugged into your computer before, tap Allow on the pop-up on your phone to give it access. If Smart Switch doesn't recognize the phone, click the menu in Smart Switch and click Reinstall device driver then restart.

•After a few moments, your phone will be recognized by Smart Switch and you'll see several options on the main screen for backing up and restoring. You do not need to back up or restore your phone to initiate an update.

•A software check is performed when you plug in, and Smart Switch will list your current software details. If there is a software update available for your phone, you'll be notified on the main screen.

•If available, Click Update to install the latest software. It will download first to your computer, then side load to your phone.

0 Likes
Dwarkesh
First Poster
Options

- get working or non working dubai simcard any (I have my etisalat card)

-remove all sim card memory card from mobile

-do backup all your important data

-factory reset your mobile

-boot with dubai card

-follow steps 

-check for updates

-after installing all updates remove dubai sim factory reset your mobile

-boot with indian card inserted

this is working for me each time 

i have S9plus (2018)  from dubai

0 Likes
Dwarkesh
First Poster
Options

local indian service center can't help with this 

don't waste your time in other methods 

smart switch doesn't work in this situation

i will share link of video soon with you how to update

0 Likes
Sarthak0312
First Poster
Options

Hey, still waiting for your video, Would be glad if you could do that. Also, I do not have any Dubai sim card, is there any other way

0 Likes