Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Does Galaxy S7 Have AptX Bluetooth?

(Topic created on: 06-03-2020 12:57 PM)
AfxTwn
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I have a Galaxy S7 Edge and have just bought a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones and they are able to connect to bluetooth by aptX but my phone is only connecting them to SBC bluetooth. I have Android Oreo and Developer Mode turned on. I can see from the dropdown list of bluetooth codecs that aptX and LDAC are available but whenever I switch to aptX, it just switched back to SBC again when I leave the settings menu.

I have tried turning bluetooth on and off, restarting my phone, changing to aptX with and without my headphones connected and nothing seems to work. I have seen suggested that you need to turn dual mode off in bluetooth but that setting isn't available on my phone.

According to the official aptX site, it isn't availble on the S7 but every other Samsung Galaxy phone for some reason: https://www.aptx.com/product-listing?product_category=11&brand=52

I did a live chat with Samsung earlier and they said it is available on the S7 and suggested there may be something wrong with my phone and to take it to my nearest Samsung repair centre but I'm not entirely sure if that's right.

If aptX is available on the S7 please can someone advise me how to get it working and stopp my phone being stuck in SBC mode.

Thanks.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I usually check a phones specs via GSM arena @AfxTwn 

According to them it has.

》 gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s7. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Solution
AfxTwn
Apprentice
Options
Sorry, it was entirely my fault. On the Sony Headphones Connect app on my phone, I had the bluetooth sound quality mode set to "Priority on Stable Connection" rather than "Priority on Sound Quality". Once I switched it to sound quality, I was then able to change to aptX bluetooth mode on my phone (or even LDAC).

To be fair though, there were no instructions or explanations included with the app telling you how to change the bluetooth mode.
AntS
Options

Glad you sorted it @AfxTwn - and thanks for sharing how you did it! :smiling-face-with-sunglasses::thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
Manow
Apprentice
Options
Thanks, you saved my audio experience!
0 Likes