Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display problem

(Topic created on: 21-11-2020 11:50 AM)
Hoppys
Student
Options
I have a Xcover Pro which when I put it in my pocket for more than 5 minutes or so the screen will will not light up again. If you shine a light on the screen from the right angle, you can see all the tiles and you can open the apps. The side button sleeps and wakes up the phone, if I receive a call the phone rings but it does not wake the screen up.
Anyone have any ideas as to the problem?
#xcoverpro
16 REPLIES 16
ThibaudHiker
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I sent my phone back to Samsung for reparation about a month ago.

I'm waiting for it to come back...

0 Likes
mailangelodavid
First Poster
Options

Having same problem. I think it started with the last update. I thought next update would solve it.. reading here, it seems it's a manufacturing defect

Ricsung
Apprentice
Options

I've already had my phone replaced due to a faulty back light and the same thing has happened yet again.  The phone is gone for 2 weeks. A huge disruption to my business and many hours of my time backing up and transferring files from one phone to another. I recommend replacing this phone with something else , because as long as Samsung will not admit to this being a systemic issue with this model(and permanently fix the issue), every time the phone is replaced, it will have the same fault re-occur yet again! Absolutely insulting the way that Samsung treat their customers. I will be requesting a full refund and never purchase this phone again. My hard earned money spent for a so called 'tough military standard' phone...and they don't even offer spare batteries online or from retailers.... or even make a stand alone spare battery charger like they did with the S5 or even offer a factory POGO phone charging dock. Why then build a phone with POGO pins and removable battery in the first place Samsung!!! Never again!!! What a WASTE of my valuable TIME, my LIFE HOURS and my MONEY!!!

Options

I have exactly the same problem. I explained it to Samsung and it was couriered to their service agent. Came back after 10 days with "problem fixed. Charging socket replaced " Of course, the problem hasn't been fixed and I've no idea why the ***** thought that replacing the charging socket would fix a screen connection problem! I've spent hours transferring data and apps between phones and am thoroughly frustrated by the whole episode. Off to Motorola I think.

Sackett
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. The "flex" trick worked for a while, but that now no longer works.

Petr22
Student
Options

I have the same problem. Any chance replacing the display will fix it?

0 Likes
Options
Yes, the screen was replaced under warranty and it fixed the problem.
0 Likes