Support

Open search

Disable rather than Uninstall worth it?

Highlighted
SOLVED
Navigator

Have a S4 Mini, it's low on available memery, 700Mb left.

Have tried to "Uninstall" a couple of programs I do not use, Dropbox/Chat On, but no programs are available to "Uninstall" I just get message that I can "Disable" but not "Uninstall".

So the question is, if I "Disable" programs will this increase available free memory?

Or is ther another way of increasing the free memory?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

That looks about average for your device. And you should be able to run most apps. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Apprentice
try clearing the cache. also, check to see if there are apps that you no longer use.
Highlighted

Steven, Thanks, as I said I do not use Chat On or Dropbox, but only get message to "Disable" but not "Uninstall".. Is there a way of uninstalling these?

Ref. deleteing cache, do I have to go through & delete for each Ap or can it be done in bulk?

Highlighted

You can look.at using a package uninstaller in the Playstore but be very careful what you do with these so you don't end up with stability issues @john36 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-9820 _ Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10. Snapdragon 865+

Highlighted
you have something like Smart Manager on your device? this might be found by clicking on the gear wheel from the settings. it might be labelled along the lines of DEVICE CARE ( or something similar). if you have this, the run it. it will show you if there is residual dpace you can free up.
Highlighted

No, have not got "Devise manager".

Think I will leave it alone, will do more harm than good!

Thanks for replies.

Highlighted

Also in

Setting>app>swipe to the right twice

You should be able to see a list of running apps and there current ram usage. This way you can determine if it would be useful to disable.

Highlighted

Thanks.

Just checked & the following are the figures of Usage/Running

Used 577Mb

Free 793Mb

Running 288Mb

So perhaps not as bad as I thought?

Comments please.!

Highlighted

No comments?

Highlighted

That looks about average for your device. And you should be able to run most apps. 

View solution in original post

Top Liked Authors