Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted Photos - S8 Active

(Topic created on: 29-05-2021 02:43 PM)
ThatGuyThatExists
First Poster
Options

I went to look at my gallery, and noticed that over  1000 photos and videos were deleted. A lot of them are important, how do I get them back?

6 REPLIES 6
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Does your Gallery version have recycle bin? Look there. Are they backed up anywhere? Lastly were they on your SD card or internal storage?
0 Likes
Daviesba
Journeyman
Options
This is what happened to me today and nobody in Samsung has been able to help me. I use the s21 ultra. Woke up this morning and over 1k videos and pictures gone. Not even in recycle bin.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes, I've just seen your post. This case is different ie different device an different Android version.
I just hope you all do regular backups.
Daviesba
Journeyman
Options
Just so sad 😞 how can they just disappear?
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I really wish I could give you a sensible reason or at least some sort of idea of the cause but I am genuinely at a loss.

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey @ThatGuyThatExists 

I'm really sad to hear this, and although I'm not quite sure why this has occurred, I have seen a few users state they've been able to recover their images by heading into Settings > Apps > Gallery > Storage > Clear cache. After clearing the cache, switch off your phone for a few moments before switching it back on.

0 Likes