Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Delete Samsung account from Galaxy S5 before selling it

(Topic created on: 11-01-2022 06:46 PM)
Windybuffs
Student
Options

I am unable to delete my Samsung account from my old Galaxy S5, as the email address I used back then no longer exists, hence no password either. I don't want to sell it without removing the account.

Is anyone able to help please? Thanks!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@Windybuffs: If you head to Apps > Settings > Accounts > Samsung Account > Tap on your account at the top of the screen > More (top right) > Remove account, are you able to remove the account in this manner? If not, you can return the phone to it's default settings by heading to Apps > Settings > Backup and Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device. 

0 Likes
Solution
Windybuffs
Student
Options

Hi Andrew, no when I do as per your first suggestion, I am prompted for a password, and it displays my very old defunct email address, which is why I cannot remove the account.

If I do a factory reset, do you think that will be sufficient, from a security perspective, before selling the phone? I've deleted everything else from the phone, I've just beem stuck on this account removal bit.

Any advice most welcome - thanks :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Ray42
Voyager
Options
The factory reset will delete any user data .
AndrewL
Options

@Windybuffs: As per the post above by @Ray42, returning your phone to its default factory settings will remove all user data and accounts. For more information, please follow the link below.

How do I perform a factory reset on my mobile device? | Samsung UK

0 Likes
Pipayin50
First Poster
Options

That is the problem, one I reset it to Factory Data reset it prompt me to remove my Samsung Account in my phone, to which I put the password but it always say's processing failed, means I cant delete it.

0 Likes