Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Samsung - A Reminder about the S23 and Micro-SD

(Topic created on: 10-02-2023 09:19 AM)
DavidMRawlins
Apprentice
Options

Hey Samsung,

Just wanted to remind you that there's a lot of us that love the micro-SD card in our phones and haven't upgraded for a reason. If you put a micro-SD in the S23 then I'll happily upgrade. (Either that or make the S23 512GB/1TB a standard storage size that I don't have to pay an arm and a leg for).

If you don't... I'll just have to start looking for a new phone to upgrade to that does.

(1)
80 REPLIES 80
DaVania
First Poster
Options

I have for several years now, been looking for a replacement for my S21+ It was the perfect phone for ny needs, dual sim with sd card option... others have proven that technically 2 sims and one sd card, could work all at the same time, given there was enough space for it all... that is until you implemented your kill switch (Shame on you Samsung), even with the adoption of eSIM you could easily have fitted an sd card slot... Whenever I buy any smart device, sd card is the first thing I look for, then the price... you could hand out your devices for free, and I still wouldn't use it without the sd card slot. You are lucky that I haven't switched yet, since my phone still works great just the same. But trust me, no matter the price tag, I won't buy or recommend any of your products, untill you give your customers what they want, there should be a phone model for all your loyal customers. A friend of mine showed me a nice photo of the moon, taken from a S23... Buy when I learned, about the still missing card slot, I imediately thought... nice paperweight brick. Too bad I don't need something to hold the papers I no longer have.

ronniemehlis
Apprentice
Options
I must admid I decided to upgrade from s20 to 23 ultra with 1Tb. So I am loosing about 700 gb in storage (I got 1.5 Tb on this one still in use until all is sorted). Samsungs presentation along with Book 3 360 ultra was very inspiring ... mostly for filming (also in 8k). My book 3 with 1 Tb storage (I will mostly use it for reading, composing (hence I will attach a 2Tb SSD for all the VST instruments and also a 1 TB MicroSd for movies). For the phone to come I also found a comment that they will come up with phones that wont need SIM cards anymore, just a soft Sim, a virtual one the will be activated by a code. So they will get rid of any slots on the end. Yet hopefully they will come up with 2TB as well. Mind you ... if you a scared in loosing pictures on the phone, maybe you need find time to copy them to your pc. Mind you I have done that at some point. And if the phone crashes ... not sure if that would not damage the card as well. But of course I would still LOVE to get at least 1 micro cardslot back. In fact even more. Once we start filming regularily in 8k even 1tb is nothing. But i guess people who do film longer films not just 2 minute clips are not relevant to the industry. And phones are made for masses or average people. Well, we shall see what happens.
ParrotRob
Student
Options

Excuse me, but who are you to tell me what I "need"?  That's not for you to decide.

mykey2k
Apprentice
Options

If anyone's "filming"/recording an 8K video on a mobile "phone" for more than 10 seconds, they've lost the plot.  A 10:1 compressed 8K video at 24fps?   Just bring back the SD card.  No one's using their mobile phone for anything serious.

ParrotRob
Student
Options

Yeah, no.  Take that ***** someplace else.

NPZwar
Student
Options

No SD Card slot = No Sale!

K_gene
Journeyman
Options

Here's proof that folks are not buying samsungs devices.... and my hunch is that sd card slot is one of them.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/26/tech/south-korea-samsung-q1-profits-plunge-intl-hnk/index.html

NZ_Gangsta
Apprentice
Options

Yep, they just closed down all the Samsung stores here in New Zealand. I guess this is what happens when you think you know better than your customers!!!

0 Likes
Members_lHeA1SM
First Poster
Options

I paid a lot of money for my SD card, a card that I could simply transfer to any phone for free, instead of Samsungs latest idea of charging me more money for much less space again and again every time I buy a new phone.

Screw Samsung

K_gene
Journeyman
Options

Does any one know if s23 FE will have an SD slot?

0 Likes