Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Samsung - A Reminder about the S23 and Micro-SD

(Topic created on: 03-02-2023 04:17 PM)
DavidMRawlins
Apprentice
Options

Hey Samsung,

Just wanted to remind you that there's a lot of us that love the micro-SD card in our phones and haven't upgraded for a reason. If you put a micro-SD in the S23 then I'll happily upgrade. (Either that or make the S23 512GB/1TB a standard storage size that I don't have to pay an arm and a leg for).

If you don't... I'll just have to start looking for a new phone to upgrade to that does.

(1)
80 REPLIES 80
DamianC0911
Student
Options

Needs is determined by the user. Not the company. Even if a large storage phone was being offered. I would still want an SD card slot available for other purposes.

DamianC0911
Student
Options

You can avoid the MicroSd speed and reliability issue buy purchasing an authetic faster SD card rated U3 with transfer speeds of 30Mbps. The V90 rated MicroSD card do 90Mbps. From a technical perspective, the speed and reliability excuse given by Samsung is a flat out lie.

Cheebiewah
Apprentice
Options

I have never had a speed or reliability issue with a SD card in a phone for well over a decade. That may have been an issue way back in the past but for now it is nothing more than an invalid excuse.

mykey2k
Apprentice
Options

Samsung knows full well that there should be no speed or reliability issue since they MAKE SDCARDS AS WELL!

As an aside I'm using a 1TB SD card in my gopro making 40 minute 4K 60fps videos just fine this weekend in 30C weather.

They can shove all their excuses.  It like like we aren't buying them, or their product, ever again.

At this point I won't even buy their appliances or anything with Samsung on the logo....no washers, dryers, ovens, stove tops, televisions, refrigerators... All because of an SD card and making it dual sim instead.

J1mmer
Journeyman
Options

Yeah, the microSd issue, strictly for profit is actually why I bought LG appliances, figured Samsung would jack up the costs for repair, or not even offer repair, all for profit. I guess the math works out somehow!

J1mmer
Journeyman
Options

There are like 100 people using dual sim cards, so the million+ other people using MicroSD need to really understand that some people need to switch between carriers and have 2 sim cards installed and 2 phone plans to really make the phone work like it needs to. I've never met a power user like that or seen a complaint, but they have to exist since millions of people can't drop a Samsung MicroSd into their phone to make it better. I'd switch to Apple if they added an SD slot. Now that would be one hell of a power move if they did it for the next gen, probably take another 2-3% of market.

mykey2k
Apprentice
Options

There are also some mobiles which have the 2 slot tray design that will accept either a second SIM or an SDCard -- I think it's called a hybrid slot.  This move to remove sdcard by Samsung is just driven by greed and grifting.  They obviously capitalize on one or two rounds of adverts jerking Apple for a decision then they do it themselves.

Like I said before, say again and will continue, this company can rot for all I care now.  Especially now that more choices are coming out for smart watches and phones, I can easily change from the Samsung ecosphere and SAMPAY to Google's ecosphere and GPAY.   I can count on one hand the number of apps I have from the Samsung store.   

My move will be very easy.  The company better tread just as lightly or some other company will get my $1000+ purchase.

DavidMRawlins
Apprentice
Options

Welp, looks like I'm not upgrading to Samsung this year. (Maybe never again if someone else has a good phone with an MicroSD slot)

Raul677
Student
Options

I may have found a possible solution. The S23 is a dual sim card right? What if We get a NM Memory Card that fits in the second Sim card Slot? Has anyone try it? I just purchased one on Amazon, the highest they have for 256GB. This would effectively solved the SD card problem, that is until they decide to get rid of of sim cards.I just order my S23 with 256gb Memory and will test this out and keep everyone updated.

NZ_Gangsta
Apprentice
Options

That's a awesome work around except it was invented by Huawei in 2018 and I don't think its been adopted by anyone else yet. I'm not sure if it is even an industry standard. If its not it is likely to doom it to the history books. A real shame. I think the smart phone manufacturers are running out of ways to seriously differentiate their products from each other. The nano memory idea is great, but if its not a standard then the industry will not get behind it and no device or memory makers will adopt it.

SAMSUNG, DO YOU LISTEN TO YOUR USERS. IF SO, PROVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!