Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Samsung - A Reminder about the S23 and Micro-SD

(Topic created on: 02-02-2023 03:40 AM)
DavidMRawlins
Apprentice
Options

Hey Samsung,

Just wanted to remind you that there's a lot of us that love the micro-SD card in our phones and haven't upgraded for a reason. If you put a micro-SD in the S23 then I'll happily upgrade. (Either that or make the S23 512GB/1TB a standard storage size that I don't have to pay an arm and a leg for).

If you don't... I'll just have to start looking for a new phone to upgrade to that does.

(1)
80 REPLIES 80
Reek1
Journeyman
Options

All the features that make me like Samsung they are removing. So im starting to not like Samsung anymore & currently on the market to give my loyalty to another brand. Samsung you have falling off so horribly mimicking Apple. Then apple will bring all the features back to steal your clientele..better open your eyes & see the bigger picture instead of chasing a few dollars on cloud storage. Majority of us Samsung users don't like cloud storage & will leave you just for that reason.

dleeNY
First Poster
Options

I will not buy Samsung without micro-sd slot. This is the main reason I buy a Samsung.

The micro-sd slot is a product differentiator. and is much needed. 

Patrycjus
Journeyman
Options

I just care about phone with 1tb intern storage and extra sd card slot. I dont care nothing else so much as those 2 things. No 1tb no sd slot no buy. Why you maling phone with 128gb storage if with those super camera's  a single photo is taking so much space.  Samsung you made such good phone as Galaxy s10 Plus 1 TB. After that are only trashes. Make an upgrade of s 10.  S23 or s24 but keep 1 tb and sd slot than you are best on market. 

InuyaKira
First Poster
Options

............With today news that the S23 series including the Ultra are not supporting microsd card. It really felt like I received a punch in the guts to me...

I was really hoping to upgrade this year, to the latest flagship S23 Ultra 1tb model.. But that was only if it included the micro sd slot again....

I am really disappointed in Samsung... Guess I will have to look elsewhere or keep my S10+ 1tb model for another year.. again.....

If anybody has any recommendations suggestions of smartphone with internal 1tb and with expandable memory that would great! 

Marc-Olivier Saulnie
First Poster
Options
  • That's not true. My photos + videos + music folders fill up much of my 528gb microSD card. It's easy to transfer to new device and I don't need an internet connection through the cloud or whatever to access my things.
0 Likes
J1mmer
Journeyman
Options

I'm also really disappointed, they wanted about $400 more for the 1TB version than the 512GB version, so that kind of reveals the reason behind that. If you watched their show today you would see a bunch of high paid executives saying how great everything is while they know full well they could have done better for 1-2% margin decrease. They have no differentiation from Apple, MicroSD in my opinion was the difference for years.

NPZwar
Student
Options

I considered upgrading but will stay at S20 for now, and it's because of the Micro SD slot. It's nice to have pictures, data, movies, music etc. separately from apps.

Cloud storage is nice for a lot of things, but not as replacement for local storage. You'd need to have super Wi-Fi all the time and still wouldn't match the speed of an SD card. And I wouldn't want to use up my mobile data to access my own movies etc.

If the Micro SD card is a feature that's going, I will have to arrange with it some day. But that day has not yet come, so far, the S23 feels like a downgrade from my S20, though I'm sure it has some nice things to offer.

btakem
First Poster
Options

The reason I haven't upgraded to the fold yet is because of the lack of a Micro-SD card option.  I am very video heavy (for and from travels, classes and other training materials) and the convenience of having these immediately available is very important to me.  When upgrading phones, simply moving the external card is very fast and simple too.

J1mmer
Journeyman
Options

They have the slot on every phone for the SIM card, it's 100% trying to charge $400 for $150 SD card, margins look great, all that the Execs care about, not the customer. Will never buy Samsung MicoSDs again, hope others follow until they bring it back. 

keith30
Maestro
Options
So there you have it, the S23 range won't include a SD card and confirmation that they aren't bringing them back. Roll on Samsung ! 😅🤣🤣