Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Samsung - A Reminder about the S23 and Micro-SD

(Topic created on: 13-01-2023 11:25 AM)
DavidMRawlins
Apprentice
Options

Hey Samsung,

Just wanted to remind you that there's a lot of us that love the micro-SD card in our phones and haven't upgraded for a reason. If you put a micro-SD in the S23 then I'll happily upgrade. (Either that or make the S23 512GB/1TB a standard storage size that I don't have to pay an arm and a leg for).

If you don't... I'll just have to start looking for a new phone to upgrade to that does.

(1)
80 REPLIES 80
Blagojg
Journeyman
Options

me also exatclly same, still stuck with S20 ultra, only because of SD card !

Dragonshade
Student
Options

Sd cards are for more than storage increases. They're useful for transferring data,( and faster than phone over usbc) and can be a lifesaver if the phone bricks. You at least have your media on the sd.  The only reason to remove the slot is for a money grab.

On top of which, micro sd cards give you more storage cheaper...and for those of us not blessed with larger hands and thus stuck with the base models that tend to max out at 256G...give us adequite storage space since we cant type on the larger models. 

Dragonshade
Student
Options

The lack of sd card is a deal breaker for me as well. I was planning on upgrading to the 22 but when I found out that it didn't have one...hard pass. Don't trash your loyal buyers who have stuck with you for years over a money grab. Bring back the sd slot

Members_ARV4yL5
Journeyman
Options

No Sd card = no buy for Samsung phones for me . 

so Samsung unless you bring back sd cards in phones that’s flagship I just jump ship to IPhone . 

your basically copying apple . 

Members_ARV4yL5
Journeyman
Options

Not interested in cloud storage except for iOS apple only .

Members_ARV4yL5
Journeyman
Options

SD CARD is important to me so I boycott Samsung altogether is cloud storage is a waste of money .

Members_ARV4yL5
Journeyman
Options

I hope Samsung goes bankrupt as they are copying apple and sd card is important to me than greedy rip off cloud storage rubbish .

Members_2KAvkHO
Student
Options

Although I agree having a micro SD slot would be great, for backup purposes you could also use a USB-C flash drive or a USB-C card reader. 

Cheebiewah
Apprentice
Options

Sony Xperia 1 III and IV have SD card slot and wireless charging. Seems impossible to find both of those in any other phone. Samsung has lost my business until they figure out to put these both back in one phone.

Cheebiewah
Apprentice
Options

I wish this could be blasted into the ears of every Samsung exec with a megaphone over and over for days on end until they get it. Because right now they obviously don't get it 🤦