Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Samsung - A Reminder about the S23 and Micro-SD

(Topic created on: 07-01-2023 08:24 AM)
DavidMRawlins
Apprentice
Options

Hey Samsung,

Just wanted to remind you that there's a lot of us that love the micro-SD card in our phones and haven't upgraded for a reason. If you put a micro-SD in the S23 then I'll happily upgrade. (Either that or make the S23 512GB/1TB a standard storage size that I don't have to pay an arm and a leg for).

If you don't... I'll just have to start looking for a new phone to upgrade to that does.

80 REPLIES 80
ronniemehlis
Apprentice
Options
Funny thing is that with every Samsung release that spokesman says: "We listen." Apparently no more. All new features might be fantastic BUT and that is a massive BUT no cardslot anymore. And it seems like I am not the only one. At the moment i am just scares of what I can do once my Note 20 ultra wont be supported anymore or the battery dies and cant be replaced. I would love to get a new Samsung large display phone but I really need minimum 1.5 Tb.
NZ_Gangsta
Apprentice
Options

Why did Samsung ever remove this feature. I'm stuck with an S20 and don't see any point updating if I cant take my data with me easily. Sort it out guys.

PatrickM1
First Poster
Options

I usually buy a new S series phone every two years. My current phone is the S20 and the lack of a SD card slot was a big reason I skipped the S22. If the S23 doesn't have one I will skip it as well and replace the battery in my S20 instead and keep it for another few years.

bobydu60
Student
Options

Agree.

Why to remove the Micro SD card on the new Samsung Galaxy ? 

I choose the S20FE5G to replace my S10 because the S22 was not include the SD card
If Samsung continue on this direction, I will go to another brand

S20FE5G
TheTimBrick
First Poster
Options

If I drop my phone and it breaks completely,  how would I get my music, documents, movies, etc. of off my phone? You can't, unless you go pay like 300 dollars to get it repaired. I have all that stuff on my SD card currently, so if the same thing happens, op, I just pop that smart gadget out and I have everything still. Also cloud storage isn't a replacement, it's slow, it's limited by probably monthly subscription, and it's not available everywhere. What happens when you wanna access a large document but you don't have any Wifi or data?

J1mmer
Journeyman
Options

I view the removal of the SD card, which for a while differentiated Samsung from Apple as just a money grab. I'm still rocking the Note 10+, if they can't produce a phone that has an SD card then it's the last Samsung phone I buy. I put in for the early promotion list, but if there is no SD available on any model, then that's kind of the end of me and Samsung, I'll buy one of the unlocked China phones with an SD, camera's in those are for sure better than a Note 10+, don't need a phone with a camera I can't even use. I mean awesome 1 hour of video on my phone if that! What is the point of being limited? More money? No way cause I was going to buy a new phone last year and didn't because there was really no reason to. Maybe this year? We will see, but if no one buys the phone you can't make money on it regardless of how greedy you want to be. 

J1mmer
Journeyman
Options

When is that happening? 2015? LOL

Base models are still 128GB  that is stupid. Unless they are 512 or 1TB phones it's worthless!

mykey2k
Apprentice
Options

Late to the party here but agree completely.  They're pre-selling the S23 so I looked it up... No SD card, no sale.  Not sorry either.   I still have the S10+ I bought in 2019 and it will remain with me.  They can wake me up when they put the SD card back, full stop.

And not worth it trying to change my mind from anyone simping for Samsung here.  A company that makes and sells SD cards won't even put a SD card reader in their phones.    They can rot for all I care.

K_gene
Journeyman
Options

I still think they should keep SD card slots. This is what separates them from iPhones. 

Plus if you have 512GB sd card thats you now trying to transfer to your 1TB phone it will take forever to do so.

Blagojg
Journeyman
Options

well You smart one, how I will see images on cloud when I'm on mountain with no network coverage ???