Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Samsung - A Reminder about the S23 and Micro-SD

(Topic created on: 28-11-2022 08:06 AM)
DavidMRawlins
Apprentice
Options

Hey Samsung,

Just wanted to remind you that there's a lot of us that love the micro-SD card in our phones and haven't upgraded for a reason. If you put a micro-SD in the S23 then I'll happily upgrade. (Either that or make the S23 512GB/1TB a standard storage size that I don't have to pay an arm and a leg for).

If you don't... I'll just have to start looking for a new phone to upgrade to that does.

(1)
80 REPLIES 80
yaya18
Apprentice
Options
Here here 🙌
jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
As much as I would like to see the return of the SD card it won't happen, phone manufacturers can make more money selling the larger device and then recurring payments for cloud storage
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
You no longer need Sd cards as they are bringing out devices with larger storage space build in to them.
0 Likes
Haytch
Helping Hand
Options
I agree. My s20 ultra and the ones previous to that all had sd card support and it was so good knowing i had my data stored in a sd card..

If for some reason my phone stopped working or needed replacing, i would know my data is stored on my sd card.

Now everything is stored on the phone and theres no way to back up data. Yes i know there is clouf storage but i dont want to pay extra just to save my data.

Also with cloud, you have to rely on ultra fast wifi or else it eill take days to open a file.

I wish Samsung could bring back the sd card and differentiate itself from Apple and the rest
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The SD card slot will not return in the flagships  I am afraid with the drive to promote cloud storage and offer larger internal storage, though may come at a premium. Whilst know there are fans it is not the fastest technology and can be prone to errors.  I do though also have a local storage backup.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
TopherKRock
Navigator
Options

That's simply not true. I have 1.5TB of storage in my S10+ (1TB internal and 512GB microSD). Can you find another phone that has either the same or more?

If you can't then it's because your statement is not true.

TopherKRock
Navigator
Options

That's not advice, and you do sound like an employee. They haven't made a phone yet that beats the 1.5TB of storage in my current phone. Also, MicroSD is 1000x faster than cloud storage. MicroSD is always available, while cloud storage is not.

You were saying?

Raul677
Student
Options

I agree 1000% Percent. I have been a Samsung guy all my life but not having an SD card is a deal breaker for me, and for those people saying "Well you get more storage in your phone now" clearly don't know anything.

1 month ago my wife drop her Note 20 Ultra and the screen nor the interface to the computer worked. It would have cost 500 dollars to get all our photos back. However, since we have a 1TB SD Card on the phone, all we did was switch the SD Card to the new phone. PROBLEM SOLVED INSTANTLY!!!!  

If they don't bring it back, then is time for me to move on.

Sam Y
First Poster
Options

It means a loss of a phone sale also, people will simply move to another manufacturer.