Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crashing apps/enabling a disabled system app

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 10:15 PM)
Bonce
Journeyman
Options
How do you enable a disabled system app? Apps have neen crashing since yesterday. Following the instructions to update /uninstall webview app. When i get to the system app i can see the app is DISABLED. I cannot figure out how to ENABLE it in order to sort out the whole thing! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! I'm crying here😭
11 REPLIES 11
Vixter
Apprentice
Options

Me too. My webview app is disabled. I clicked on Force Stop to see if that enabled anything but nothing changed. I don't know what to do!

stubie
First Poster
Options
some of my apps aren't working either mainly Prime, Google, and my email it's so frustrating help
0 Likes
srawl
Student
Options
Mines the same 😭
0 Likes
srawl
Student
Options
Mine the same as yours have you fixed your a yet?
0 Likes
Vixter
Apprentice
Options

No idea how to fix it so don't know what to try. There's no update option for webview in play store....

most of my apps went down late last night. It wasn't until this morning I realised it wasn't just me! thank goodness!

Bonce
Journeyman
Options
Yeah..safety in numbers! I've sent a message to Samsung..let's hope they can give us the right instructions to a) enable the disabled app b) get the rest sorted out! Let's watch this space a? 😭
Vixter
Apprentice
Options

I just restarted my phone and I've got gmail back. So far I've tried a few apps and they're now working.

I don't know about the android system webview thing though as I did a force stop on it and there's no option to update it in play store and so now it's not working on my phone at all (not that it might have been anyway) ..... perhaps that gets rectified when there's the next update....

fingers crossed!

Vixter
Apprentice
Options
Good luck, please will you update us with what they say? .... in the meantime try a restart, it worked for me 10 mins ago 🤞
0 Likes
Bonce
Journeyman
Options
Of course I will let you know..I'll try a restart again anyway..