Support

Open search

Contact Groups Disappeared with latest android update

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

Just updated to latest android.. all my contact groups have disappeared. Any idea how they can be recovered... I can't find groups within contacts at all.. have they been placed elsewhere on the menu?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer

I tried contacting Samsung Customer Service about this. Their answer was I contacted the wrong Customer Service. Great.

Well, i just happened to be using another app to see which apps were doing something. I completely 4get (at 63 w ADHD, these things kinda happen now & then... & then again... &...).

However, what happened is it brought up an app that had the Contact icon, but some weird name.

So i decided to look at the Contacts app & see if i could find this contact.

When i did, under the Contact sdction, i noticed in the upper right part of the scrolling column an ampersand, & then a dbl person icon.

Hmm.

I clicked on that, & guess what boys & girls?

Lo & behold, GROUPS!

Whether you look in Contacts or the Phone Call app under Contacts, it's there. Whether it's been there all along, or just showed up w the recent upgrade i know not. If it's been there all along I'll be upset w myself for missing yet another obvious thing.

I've added a pic so you can see.

Update: When I looked under Contacts to take a screenshot the icon was no longer there. But it is in the Phone app under Contacts.

Now, if only I can get this Note 8 to do MMS automatically when i reach the SMS limit. That's frustrating. 

Hope this helps folks.

20180524_004809.jpg

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Yeah me too disappeared after update late Saturday.  They are still in outlook or Microsoft exchange as the designated groups but not in note 8 . I haven't upgraded the tablet I have and it's still showing them as in the group tag!

Highlighted
Observer

I tried contacting Samsung Customer Service about this. Their answer was I contacted the wrong Customer Service. Great.

Well, i just happened to be using another app to see which apps were doing something. I completely 4get (at 63 w ADHD, these things kinda happen now & then... & then again... &...).

However, what happened is it brought up an app that had the Contact icon, but some weird name.

When i did, under the Contact sdction, i noticed in the upper right part of the scrolling column an ampersand, & then a dbl person icon.

Hmm.

Lo & behold, GROUPS!

Whether you look in Contacts or the Phone Call app under Contacts, it's there. Whether it's been there all along, or just showed up w the recent upgrade i know not. If it's been there all along I'll be upset w myself for missing yet another obvious thing.

Update: When I looked under Contacts to take a screenshot the icon was no longer there. But it is in the Phone app under Contacts.

Now, if only I can get this Note 8 to do MMS automatically when i reach the SMS limit. That's frustrating. 

Hope this helps folks.

20180524_004809.jpg

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Observer
Chrisa01, i just posted something to answer. Hope it helps. I included a pic.
Highlighted

Apologies for the off-topic post, but @Whooleeoh:

@Whooleeoh wrote:

Messages >  3 dots > Settings > More settings > Multimedia Messages > Set Restrictions; and select one of the options:

• Free: Automatically converts long SMS to MMS without you being told.
  • Warning: Converts SMS to MMS, but lets you know when you're nearing the limit through to if you go over it.
  • Restricted: Warns you when you're nearing the limit and prevents you from going over it unless you specifically choose to on that occasion.

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Highlighted
Thanks much, I've been scratching my head in frustration over this.
Highlighted
First Poster

Was finding a solution for the same, thanks to Whooleeoh for the quick reply and solution.

With Regards,

Zagakuf 

Highlighted

Please follow below steps:

1. Open Contacts.

2. Open Settings

3. Open contacts to display

4. Select only "SIM2"

5. Groups will be now shown.

Enjoy..!!20181024_235610.png

20181024_235709.png

Highlighted

@Whooleeoh wrote:

Hmm.

Lo & behold, GROUPS!

Hope this helps folks.

20180524_004809.jpg

In the upper right hand corner, those three dots should have your groups. I press the three dots, choose groups and then if I tap on one, it shows the people. Even an old group.

Highlighted
First Poster

The Issue has been fixed...Thank you for share ...

Top Liked Authors