Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean storage button

(Topic created on: 11-02-2020 12:38 PM)
Yxalag
Journeyman
Options

On my Galaxy S7 phone, under Settings - > Device maintenance -> Storgage

there used to be a 'clean now' button, but a few days ago it suddenly disappeared. The equivalent still exists under Settings -> Device maintenance -> Memory

but under storage it just disappeared. I didn't even do any software updates prior to this.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? And any advice on how to restore it? 

Go to solution
22 REPLIES 22
Yxalag
Journeyman
Options
Thats great, thanks!
0 Likes
PaulG2
Apprentice
Options

If you uninstall device care in settings/apps device care reinstalls to factory settings .Unfortunately it will then automatically update to latest version with the option to clean cache removed.

There needs to be a new update from Samsung to address this issue.

A perfectly good tool from Samsung that is now now of little use.

Yxalag
Journeyman
Options

So I experienced, then will have to do that over and over again - plus I wonder what's the conseqence of keeping uninstalling

0 Likes
PaulG2
Apprentice
Options

It will just keep updating to recent version.I have contacted Samsung and because of complaints from users that this app is not trustworthy they have decided no remove storage clean from device care and have no plans to reinstate this in future.The only advice I have been given by them is to use power and volume up after switching off phone and clearing data cache that way.

Oh well I will be using ccleaner  to clear phone cache from now on .

0 Likes
Yxalag
Journeyman
Options

That's a shame, I was quite fond of that feature. Thanks for the update though

0 Likes
s7edge77
First Poster
Options

Thanks!  That worked for me. I was about to get rid of this phone maybe it has some life left.  I love the display headphone jack and physical home button

0 Likes
kebab_apk
First Poster
Options

I had same problem. You can uninstall updates of Device Care app and button will show again.

0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
You can disable the auto update on apps via the app store
0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
Go to the required app on the app store, so select the device care app , look to right to see 3 vertical dots, click them as make sure the auto update tab is empty
0 Likes
Yxalag
Journeyman
Options

I do it manually as of now. But I do wonder if uninstalling updates has some adverse effect

0 Likes