Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing My samsung home address

(Topic created on: 29-06-2020 02:50 PM)
Sloanes9620
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I went to enter a competition on my samsung app when the address for my home was my old address. I've searched everywhere on my samsung account but I can't see where to change this information to my new address. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

17 REPLIES 17
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @Sloanes9620, log in to this link here with your account and you should be able to change your address under "Personal info": https://account.samsung.com/membership/auth/sign-in

Let me know if this helps.
0 Likes
Sloanes9620
Apprentice
Options

Hi SaudA,

Thanks for the reply, I followed the link but I couldnt find my address anywhere under personal info.

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Can you just confirm the name of the app you are wanting to use for this competition? Do you get a message saying it isn't available in your country?
0 Likes
grxxg
Journeyman
Options

I am having the exact same issue, any time I try enter a competition the address it prefills is my old address, and I can't find anywhere to change it.

The competition page now mentions going to Samsung Members > Settings > Samsung Account and change details but nothing there is for address, except Places, which has my current address.

I tried a few phone calls, different departments and all of them didn't have a clue or could help me. I guess it's ncie to see I am not the only person with the issue. 

I assume you made no progress?

Sloanes9620
Apprentice
Options

No I didnt make any process, it's as you described on the samsung members app you can change your home, but it has no bearing on the raffle competitions home address. I just gave up and didnt bother entering.

ChrisW
Pioneer
Options

This issue seems common to all members. Like OP, I also have this problem - my Samsung account has my old home address, the latest versions of Samsung Members have removed the ability to modify these details and the latest Members Lucky Dip competition has out of date, incorrect instructions on how to change your address.

The form is also not editable so you can see your incorrect address but not update it.

When I was talking to Samsung customer service recently to arrange a handset repair, the rep alluded to there being another backend system which holds our account info (as my first repair incorrectly had the courier collection despatched to my old address!) but I can't see any way to modify this address through Samsung Members app, account.samsung.com or any other Samsung portal. It's a big issue.

Sloanes9620
Apprentice
Options

Surely this is a breach of data protection, storing old data without our consent.

grxxg
Journeyman
Options

I feel in some way it is a breach of GDPR law (don't quote me on it), in that they have data stored that is not easy for me to change (or delete). And going on the manycalls I have had, they have so many parts to the company, that they have no idea who actually manages what.

It is quite disappointing.

Norbiq78
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem. I was surprised that in my recently bought Samsung TV Q85R still can see my old address. Any solution? 

0 Likes