Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Change of SIM for use out of Country

(Topic created on: 27-01-2020 04:32 PM)
john36
Pioneer
Options

Thought I posted this subject some time agao but for some reason it's not showing.

I use my S4Mini in UK but soon I will have to use in another country, UAE.

The numbers i will be calling are UEA numbers.

So do i need to change SIM?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You should be able to simply dial the numbers from your phone so their is no reason to change your sim card if your intending to use any roaming options your mobile network provides.

May I add 》 What you would need to do is check with your UK Network as to what Roaming options and agreements they have in the country to wanting to visit.

Look at the costs to roam and what your contract with your network allows.

Also check any roaming bars have been de activated. 

Now what some people do @john36  is to have their phone unlocked to all networks if it's locked in the first place so they can insert a local sim card when they arrive into the country they are visiting.

They do this because sometimes it's cheaper to do this than use their own networks sim card or the signal is poor etc.

If the phone is locked to your network then have  a look on your networks home page / support pages and there should be assistance to have the phone unlocked to all networks.

Hope that helps.

Enjoy your trip.   :smiling-face:

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You should be able to simply dial the numbers from your phone so their is no reason to change your sim card if your intending to use any roaming options your mobile network provides.

May I add 》 What you would need to do is check with your UK Network as to what Roaming options and agreements they have in the country to wanting to visit.

Look at the costs to roam and what your contract with your network allows.

Also check any roaming bars have been de activated. 

Now what some people do @john36  is to have their phone unlocked to all networks if it's locked in the first place so they can insert a local sim card when they arrive into the country they are visiting.

They do this because sometimes it's cheaper to do this than use their own networks sim card or the signal is poor etc.

If the phone is locked to your network then have  a look on your networks home page / support pages and there should be assistance to have the phone unlocked to all networks.

Hope that helps.

Enjoy your trip.   :smiling-face:

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
john36
Pioneer
Options
Thanks for full reply