Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain apps you mobile data

(Topic created on: 09-06-2020 10:32 AM)
kyleraghvani
First Poster
Options

I have my phone contract as VOXi so I get unlimited data usage for apps like Snapchat, Instagram and whatsapp. On my sisters a20e she can set these apps to always use data, however on my galaxy s8 I cannot find that option. Is there any options in the settings or maybe a downloadable app that can help me do this. Even better if it doesnt count towards my data usage

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @kyleraghvani 

Your unlimited mobile data allowance shouldn't be restricted to certain apps from Vodafone's Voxi service as far as im aware.

If your phone allows it then you may find the preferences you seek via Settings. Apps. Choose the app and look in there.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
kyleraghvani
First Poster
Options

Hi, thanks for your reply. What I meant was i get 12gb of data per month but i get unlimited social usage of apps like WhatsApp instagram and snapchat. So can I set my s8 to always use data for those apps

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Ah I see.

If you look in your WhatsApp settings and also in the Settings. Apps. WhatsApp you'll find some preference settings there.

Not sure if this will achieve what your after.

Mine look like.....

Screenshot_20200609-150550_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20200609-150455_Settings.jpg

A Google Search does not seem to present a clear answer however there maybe an app that can help to curb such usage.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes