Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant view righthand side of emails

(Topic created on: 17-06-2022 08:22 PM)
Lynn61
Student
Options

Hi, I cant see the righthand side of my emails in gmail on Samsung s8 how can I fix it

When looking at an email in Gmail I cant move the screen over to read the information on the righthand side.
I have looked in settings but there is no information about this and I have also tried Googling the question.
This happens in app and browser version. Auto fit is checked and I dont have any unusual apps downloaded.
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Pinch two fingers together on screen to zoom out but most likely you have the font size too high in system settings
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
If it's when you're viewing individual emails you'll probably find a auto hidden horizontal scroll bar, I've come across this in Gmail before.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Lynn61: Can you try heading to the Gmail app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Settings > General Settings > Hide bottom navigation on scroll > Off > Auto-fit messages > Toggle this off, then on again. If the problem persists then close the app and head to Settings > Display > Font size and style > Font size, and move the slider to the left > Back > Full screen apps > Gmail, and toggle this on. 

If you're still experiencing issues, please can you confirm if the problem is present for all emails, or just certain ones, as it may be a formatting issue from the senders side? 

0 Likes
Lynn61
Student
Options

Where can I find the hidden auto scroll bar?

0 Likes
Lynn61
Student
Options
Thanks for your help.

I dont have the navigation option,  I've previously tried switching on and off auto fit and making font size smallest.
I cant see an option for full screen app under general settings.
I don't use the Gmail app I access it through the browser.
It's for all emails that dont fit on the page I cant move them to the left to see the rest of the information 
0 Likes
Lynn61
Student
Options

Zooming out is not the problem, that doesn't help me see the righthand side of the email

The font size is default but I've also tried setting it to the smallest and it makes no difference 

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Have you tried loading the page in desktop mode then? Also if you are using Samsung Browser try Chrome or Firefox instead. You did initially say it happens in the app and browser in your post so that's why I said about zoom and font size.
0 Likes
Lynn61
Student
Options

Sorry, It does also happen in the app but it wouldn't zoom out. I've tried Firefox, etc, still does nothing

Thanks 

0 Likes