Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Cant upload pics to FB from my phone

(Topic created on: 13-10-2019 08:22 PM)
GordonRamsgate
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20191011-232749_Facebook.jpg

Im suddenly not able to upload photos to facebook from my phone. I can't uninstlall fb as it was a preinstalled app... I've tried logging in and out of the app. I've disabled and 're enabled it and obvs restarted my phone. 

U can upload pics from my fb account on my pc.

I'm at a loss. 

I get the below message when I click on the 'message failed' notification

Ps. I'm not very good with technologyScreenshot_20191011-232749_Facebook.jpg

402 REPLIES 402
Georgette79
First Poster
Options

Hello, yes My phone J3 has been doing this for the last 2 days! I hope there is a fix for it. 

ally7
Apprentice
Options

In order to post a picture, I had to go to the browser on my phone and find log into FB. Once that was done, I could select my pictures and they uploaded just fine from my phone. Just can't do it from the app for FB; even after uninstalling and re-installing FB.  So, it has to be something with a FB update in the software. 

GwenM
Student
Options

Many thanks, will take another look, I must have missed it. Appreciate your response.

DPR
Explorer
Options
Yes definitely a glitch in the programming....how did you go outside of your FB app. on your phone...will try...
0 Likes
Solution
Euge79
Journeyman
Options

Guys currently there are 3 solutions until the update/script is fixed within fb update version 242. You decide which one you want to go with....

1. Download FB Lite and post using that until main app is fixed...

2. Login to FB and post through web browser until FB app is fixed or my way...

3. Go to settings on your Samsung phone, apps, find FB, tap it and tap 3 dots top right hand corner. Should say 'uninstall updates'. This will uninstall previous update that appears to contain the glitch. If you now try open the FB app it wont continue to launch without updating. Dont update it or you will be back to square 1. It will update using 242 again. Instead run a Google search for Facebook apk 241 and install once downloads to your phone. Launch FB and yay. You choose 👍🤦‍♂️😊

ofirbt
First Poster
Options

same issue , using also a5

0 Likes
ellie1552
First Poster
Options
I cant find your original solution. could you post again please?
0 Likes
Euge79
Journeyman
Options
Page 19 of this thread. Solution also posted again above. Page 20 has confirmation of it working for another member. 🤦‍♂️😂
0 Likes
SimonSK
Journeyman
Options
See me Monday??
0 Likes
Pookie4ever1982
First Poster
Options

I can't upload either. It has been almost 3 days...  Screenshot_20191012-082250_Facebook.jpg