Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't wipe phone

(Topic created on: 06-09-2021 09:23 PM)
Sargan
Pioneer
Options

I have a Samsung S7 that my Father had been using on a VF contract.
He died in April .... we closed the contract.

Now trying to set up phone as a PAYG on Three for my daughter.
When you boot it up it needs an unlock code - to fill the NUL request form in on VF you need the IMEI which I don't have.
I can't use *#06# as the phone comes up as locked and needs PIN. (which I don't have)
Hrs of fun with VF support they advised carrying out hardware reset on the phone.

Did that .... it wipes ... starts config & connects to WiFi but then advises it was an unauthorised reset and needs previous Google account details - which I don't have.

So 2 issues - I can't get phone to clean state and I can't get phone's IMEI

Anybody know how to proceed.

18 REPLIES 18
Sargan
Pioneer
Options

I have checked with a shop they can do it but have to send phone away - and it's £35  plus £25 to unlock  (though that may now be resolved)

0 Likes
nac5
Journeyman
Options
You tiryed geting a pars phone
0 Likes
Sargan
Pioneer
Options

sorry don't know what that means

0 Likes
nac5
Journeyman
Options
Parts phone I meant
0 Likes
Sargan
Pioneer
Options

Still not sure what you means by a Parts phone ..... I have a mint condition S7.

I just need to get in wiped/clean for reuse within same family and struggling to do so.

0 Likes
nac5
Journeyman
Options
Use a computer to wipe it
0 Likes
Sargan
Pioneer
Options

Be happy to do so, how would I do that.

would not appear as normal phone as not booted up.   Is there some way to do this.

0 Likes
nac5
Journeyman
Options
Yes try accessing the Android version
0 Likes
Sargan
Pioneer
Options

I don’t understand sorry …

only way I  can connect is via USB …. would expect USB services not to be loaded as phone not booted … be happy if you know different

It does connect to WiFi as it checks/installs latest s software before it gets to the ‘synch account’ issue.

0 Likes