Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Can’t use Samsung Health unless I agree to allow Samsung access to my data. Why Samsung???

(Topic created on: 26-10-2018 11:00 PM)
Nurseman
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi all, please forgive my annoyance but I’m seriously not a happy bunny. I’ve connected my Fit2 watch to my phone and a new terms and conditions page from Samsung Health popped up. Before I can use the app I MUST give Samsung permission to collect data i.e. profile, sensors and usage and location or I can’t use the app.  This may seem trivial but I don’t want to give Samsung my data, but if I don’t I can’t use the app. I’ve tied other apps compatible with the watch but funnily enough they want the exact same information! So it seems I can’t use the information unless I give it to Samsung. I now feel I can’t use the watch anymore as I used to. Is there any way around this or will Samsung stop this blatant customer data collection that you have no choice but to consent to unless you don’t use it anymore? I might add people have paid money for the watch and Samsung is screwing more money out of them by using data collected ( you know they are). So will Samsung allow me to use the app without collecting my data  or will they give me my money back for it?

1 REPLY 1
Nurseman
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi all again,

I’ve investigated my problem and I’m not sure if Samsung has broken GDPR law by ‘Forced Consent’? In that for me to use their app I’m forced to consent to their data collection or be unable to use the app. If this is true (I’m unsure if it covers Android apps), they’ve broken the law! I just want to use my Fit2 watch and check my stats on my phone without Samsung tracking every movement I do.:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type: