Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't turn off vibration when instagram notifies me on Galaxy Prime

(Topic created on: 21-04-2020 06:35 PM)
Casher
Student
Options

Every time someone messages me on instagram, my phone vibrates. I can't seem to turn it off. 

I already turned off vibrations in general. When i get a notification from something else, i only hear a sound. But for some reason on instagram it always vibrates. 

I use a samsung galaxy prime. Any ways of fixing this? When i go to settings - notifications - apps - instagram, there's no option to turn off vibrate.
nmmn.pngbbb.png

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
@Casher: It may be possible to adjust the notification settings via the Instagram app itself. If you open Instagram > Tap the 3 lines in the top right > Settings > Notifications, can you see an option to turn off vibrations? This seems like an app specific issue, and if it's bothering you then it may be worth enabling 'Block Notifications' to stop both sounds and vibrations.
0 Likes
Casher
Student
Options
Unfortunately when i go to instagram, - settings - push notifications - there's only options for what i want to be alerted for, but nothing that indicates anything about phone vibration.

I do not want to block notifications for instagram because i have friends who message me on there to communicate, and i need to know when they message me so i can reply to them. Thank you for the reply.
Yuta29
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. Samsung Galaxy A32 with Android 11 and Instagram 232.0

0 Likes