Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sign in to Samsung account on my device after factory reset

(Topic created on: 07-04-2022 09:32 PM)
Beetee 22
Journeyman
Options

Hi All,  My Samsung Galaxy got slow so I decided to do a hard factory reset, after that I could not log in to my phone. Going thru the setup steps 1st language, 2nd WiFi, 3rd Samsung Account login.I was hoping a factory reset will resolve the issue has in turn stopped me logging in to the Samsung account from the device ('processing failed') . I can log on to the Samsung account from another device. Samsung call center have so far have been unable to help. I actually have 2 old Samsung Galaxy that I am using as paper weight because of not able to login into my Samsung account on the phone, thanks to Samsung for their latest update. I did reset the device again and change the password on the account I even created another account with no luck. Any advice please?! I'd love to recover my Samsung device's back and get them back in good use again.

16 REPLIES 16
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hi @Beetee 22 Can you check you have the latest updates for your Device via Smart Switch. You could also sign in on web and set up two step verification and see if that solves matters.
However if does not make a difference I would suggest clearing the cache partition.
1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key (plus Bixby Key if phone has one) (also need to connect to computer or USB-c Headphones if S Device running Android 11/12) If A device should not need to do that.
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Beetee 22
Journeyman
Options

Hi, Thanks for your response, As I mentioned the phone is stuck at the Samsung account login and I cant go further in to check the device setting and software, it look like Samsung did something to there software that no matter which device you have of there products it will have the same problem ( from all the search on the web) if you decide to factory reset it. also I didn't understand the part when connecting the phone to the PC is there a certain software to use like iTunes with iPhone or what is the purpose of connecting the phone to the computer?

Thanks,

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
@beetee can you check the software via Smart Switch, need to have this downloaded onto laptop/PC.

Not sure which device you have,for S series you will need to connect to computer,insert USB-C Headphones to enter the recovery mode and clear the cache partition,no software needed for that. This deletes the temporary files.

If reset password ob Web and and add 2 factor authentication does this not make difference?

Otherwise if no resolution can you report via Samsung Members on some device.

Realise the frustration which some may encounter but it is not universal after Factory Reset.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
Beetee 22
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I was hoping it will help but it didn't have a solution for my phones problem" factory resetting the device and getting stuck on the Samsung account screen (Samsung factory reset protection kicked-in).

Beetee 22
Journeyman
Options

One of my phone is Galaxy S5 which I use as a media player and as a stud finder, I did the cache clear but it didn't help, and connecting it to Smart Switch didn't help also because the phone is not fully booted it is at the 3rd step of setup and is stuck there.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Ahhh, I understand. Are you the original owner or was it a used phone when you bought it?
0 Likes
Beetee 22
Journeyman
Options

original owner I bought it from Costco.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Generally FRP happens when the account originally used hasn't been removed but there are reports similar to yours.

Forum rules are such that I cannot discuss security workarounds however I would strongly suggest you Google your question to resolve.
0 Likes