Go to solution Solved

Can't sign in to S Health on my new phone

(Topic created on: 17-01-2021 07:25 AM)
DuskyReaper
Apprentice
Options

Old phone: Oneplus 6T

New phone: Oneplus 7 Pro

I have set up my Galaxy Watch with the new phone through the wearable app, and this works with no issues.

However when I try to sign in to Samsung Health app on the new phone after I enter my credentials, it just go in to the loading spinner screen and dosent move past that.

I have tried to clear cache and local data and uninstall/reinstall the app, but it dosent help.

Any suggestions?

73 REPLIES 73
AT15
Journeyman
Options

Thank you Alvils, it is really helpful. Although I find this can compromise the security of your mobile, but I went ahead with this method for now and it worked. 

This is something that Samsung should really fix. Since Samsung health is the primary app for getting fitness data from Samsung's wearables to mobile, the process of setting up the Samsung health app on non Samsung phones should be straight forward. 

0 Likes
Shredd
First Poster
Options

What settings, phone settings? 

0 Likes
EmiG
Apprentice
Options

Did you find the issue. I have the same page as you and it keep loading forever once I sign in with my credentials.

0 Likes
AT15
Journeyman
Options

The issue is with the current version of Samsung Health App (6.15.0.091 - Jan 2021).

1. Download and install an older version.

2. This version (6.8.5.009 Jan 2020) worked for me: https://apkpure.com/samsung-health/com.sec.android.app.shealth/download/6085009-APK?from=versions%2F... 

3. Sign in option is working on this previous version.

4. Once you sign in, and go past the page that loads forever, you are all set.

5. You can now even upgrade the app to the current version and it works fine.

Hope this helps.

Akbayt
First Poster
Options

There is no skip option anymore 😞 anyone else has the same situation?

EmiG
Apprentice
Options

I downloaded the previous version last night and it has the skip button. I signed in once in the app. I did not try to upload yet.

Hedgepeth
Journeyman
Options

I don't even see to how skip signing in. I called support and they said I just have to wait for an update.

0 Likes
EmiG
Apprentice
Options

I downloaded the December version of Samsung health that I found online. This one had the skip button. Then I signed in once I was in the app. Once signed in, I went back to the app store to update with the new version and it worked. I spent hours trying to clear cache and reinstall the app but my problem was solved in 2 minutes with the download of the previous version. I think it is an .apk file format. Let me know if it works for you.

0 Likes
Hedgepeth
Journeyman
Options

It sure did. It's amazing that the Samsung support team can't even suggest this. Thank you

0 Likes
Enrico_61
First Poster
Options

Thank you very much, this solved my problem !

0 Likes