Can't sign in to S Health on my new phone

(Topic created on: 15/01/21 23:29)
DuskyReaper
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Old phone: Oneplus 6T

New phone: Oneplus 7 Pro

I have set up my Galaxy Watch with the new phone through the wearable app, and this works with no issues.

However when I try to sign in to Samsung Health app on the new phone after I enter my credentials, it just go in to the loading spinner screen and dosent move past that.

I have tried to clear cache and local data and uninstall/reinstall the app, but it dosent help.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution
DuskyReaper
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

I actually managed to do it now. What I did was to start S Health without signing in, then go in to settings and sign in from there. 

Update:

Apparently the skip button is gone in the new update, but there is a workaround where you download an older version as @AT15  has described here:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/other-smartphones/can-t-sign-in-to-s-health-on-my-new-phone/m-p/...

View solution in context

70 REPLIES 70
Aj1979
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Screenshot_20200915-070713.jpg

The highlighted message is what keeps coming up for me when I try to sign in.  

Also note that the sign on page does not have the option of using Google to sign

0 Likes
Louellen
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Oh man 😞 looks to me like it's a Oneplus problem. I have a Oneplus 7 and so does the OP. It sucks because I got my watch over a month ago and now this happens. I tried emailing Samsung but they just told me to clear cache, force stop the app and try to re login again but that didn't work. They also asked me to send them some sort of log from the S Health app which I did but that was over a week ago and I haven't heard from them since. I even ended up resetting my watch by mistake while trying to figure out what to do and I lost all of my previous data. Is it possible to back up S Health data through the Galaxy Wearable app? It really sucks not being able to try all the features and S Health has to offer and I really do wonder what will happen to my current data once I log in. I hope it syncs with my account. So disappointed with Samsung's lack of helpfulness. 

Aj1979
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

So I tried logging to Shealth on another phone. Samsung M30 and the shealth seems to have data up to mid-August, the time when this stopped working. However, if I connect my watch to the new phone, I have to, unfortunately, forget about all the data that exists on my phone. There is no method i can see how to synch the existing data on my watch because of this connectivity bug. Wearable app does provide you an option to backup , but it looks to be only worthless details like my current watchfaces, settings, tracks and all. It doesnt seem to backup Shealth data because, last time when i tried, it did not bring back my historical activity data. Extremely disappointed with how this app has degraded over time and the poor customer service from Samsung.

Louellen
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

I emailed Samsung again and I mentioned to them that this seems like an issue that is specific to Oneplus phones. I hope they respond to that. If not, I'll keep emailing them anyways until they fix this issue seeing as there's no other solution to this 🤷🏻‍

Aj1979
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Lets also raise it on the one Plus forums.  They are usually more responsive and maybe we could find a way.

0 Likes
DuskyReaper
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Have you tried to skip the initial login and log in from settings instead? Worked for me.

Aj1979
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi DuskyReaper,  Yes I did try that option. So in my case, we get an error that says "something went wrong with the server "and it takes me back to the sign-in screen. Whether you sign in directly or you skip and try to sign in through settings, it comes back to the same page and the same error, unfortunately. 

0 Likes
Louellen
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

We kindly inform you that we have received an answer from the department in charge.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

About this issue, our development team is currently working on it and it will be reflected to our future updates soon.

Got this reply from Samsung. Looks like we will have to wait for the next update. I'm glad they finally replied. 

Aj1979
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Excellent. Thank you for updating the status here. Eagerly waiting for the next update. Until then, we need to make sure we don't rest our phone or pray that our phone doesn't go bad ::)!

Glad that Samsung has finally acknowledged there is a concern. 

0 Likes
Louellen
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi I updated the app today and I was finally able to sign in. I didn't lose any data during the period I wasn't signed in either! So happy :face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
Aj1979
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Glad to hear that. Unfortunately in my case , it forces me to reset the watch and I lost data since August. However the issue indeed stands resolved. 

0 Likes
Hamsandwich65
Options
Other Smartphones

I have tried all the steps you mentioned above. I dont see an option to skip or start the app without logging in. Am I just missing it?

Alvils
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi, 

Did you solve the problem? Same for me. And no skip button for me too.

Anybody can help? I have xiaomi mi T10. 

Akbayt
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

There is no skip option anymore 😞 anyone else has the same situation?

0 Likes
EmiG
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

I downloaded the previous version last night and it has the skip button. I signed in once in the app. I did not try to upload yet.

Hedgepeth
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

It sure did. It's amazing that the Samsung support team can't even suggest this. Thank you

0 Likes
Chrissz01247
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Can you please explain this. Expecially how do u open s app without signing in. Please and ty. Sincerely a very irritated girl lol 

0 Likes
Hedgepeth
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

I can try it's a little hard to describe but you go to that web page and you scroll all the way down to the bottom and it's got update versions and you click on the December update and you install it. with my phone I had to give the web page permission to download and it downloaded and then installed it on its own. And then once the app is on your phone you just skip the process of signing in it takes you to the main page of the app and then at the top left corner I believe was your profile picture and from there you can sign in. I hope that helps I know it was super frustrating

VimalD
Options
Other Smartphones

Awesome! It worked for me! Thanks!!!

0 Likes
sleepyguy
Observer
Options
Other Smartphones

I'm not presented with a "skip" or able to access settings within S Health. Google Pixel 5

0 Likes
Hedgepeth
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Uninstall the app and then go to this web page

https://s-health.en.uptodown.com/android

Scroll down to the bottom you're going to see a series of updates with dates choose the December update from 2020 install it from your web browser. I had to allow my phone permission in order to do so. Little download it'll install the app on your phone and then you can hit the skip button.