Go to solution Solved

Can't sign in to S Health on my new phone

(Topic created on: 14-09-2020 08:26 PM)
DuskyReaper
Apprentice
Options

Old phone: Oneplus 6T

New phone: Oneplus 7 Pro

I have set up my Galaxy Watch with the new phone through the wearable app, and this works with no issues.

However when I try to sign in to Samsung Health app on the new phone after I enter my credentials, it just go in to the loading spinner screen and dosent move past that.

I have tried to clear cache and local data and uninstall/reinstall the app, but it dosent help.

Any suggestions?

73 REPLIES 73
Louellen
Journeyman
Options

I've had the exact same problem for two weeks. Did you find a solution? I've been emailing Samsung since then but I haven't gotten a concrete response from them. Nothing they've suggested me to try works. Is your phone a Oneplus by any chance? 

0 Likes
Aj1979
Journeyman
Options

Hi Louellen, Yes my phone is a one Plus 6. For me it's been over a month that I am unable to sign in. This is definitely a shealth bug that it can't sign in through the app and all features like shealth together , previous trends are are not usable at all . The  samsung wear app allows me to sign in and backup settings but I am pretty sure my data on shealth is no longer getting synched . No help whatsoever from Samsung unfortunately 😞

0 Likes
Aj1979
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20200915-070713.jpg

The highlighted message is what keeps coming up for me when I try to sign in.  

Also note that the sign on page does not have the option of using Google to sign

0 Likes
Louellen
Journeyman
Options

Oh man 😞 looks to me like it's a Oneplus problem. I have a Oneplus 7 and so does the OP. It sucks because I got my watch over a month ago and now this happens. I tried emailing Samsung but they just told me to clear cache, force stop the app and try to re login again but that didn't work. They also asked me to send them some sort of log from the S Health app which I did but that was over a week ago and I haven't heard from them since. I even ended up resetting my watch by mistake while trying to figure out what to do and I lost all of my previous data. Is it possible to back up S Health data through the Galaxy Wearable app? It really sucks not being able to try all the features and S Health has to offer and I really do wonder what will happen to my current data once I log in. I hope it syncs with my account. So disappointed with Samsung's lack of helpfulness. 

Aj1979
Journeyman
Options

So I tried logging to Shealth on another phone. Samsung M30 and the shealth seems to have data up to mid-August, the time when this stopped working. However, if I connect my watch to the new phone, I have to, unfortunately, forget about all the data that exists on my phone. There is no method i can see how to synch the existing data on my watch because of this connectivity bug. Wearable app does provide you an option to backup , but it looks to be only worthless details like my current watchfaces, settings, tracks and all. It doesnt seem to backup Shealth data because, last time when i tried, it did not bring back my historical activity data. Extremely disappointed with how this app has degraded over time and the poor customer service from Samsung.

Aj1979
Journeyman
Options

Hi, just take care as i think you are just able to use Shealth but not necessarily synching your data. In case or a reset , if you are not signed in, you will not get back your data.

0 Likes
Louellen
Journeyman
Options

I emailed Samsung again and I mentioned to them that this seems like an issue that is specific to Oneplus phones. I hope they respond to that. If not, I'll keep emailing them anyways until they fix this issue seeing as there's no other solution to this 🤷🏻‍

Aj1979
Journeyman
Options

Lets also raise it on the one Plus forums.  They are usually more responsive and maybe we could find a way.

0 Likes
DuskyReaper
Apprentice
Options

Have you tried to skip the initial login and log in from settings instead? Worked for me.

Aj1979
Journeyman
Options

Hi DuskyReaper,  Yes I did try that option. So in my case, we get an error that says "something went wrong with the server "and it takes me back to the sign-in screen. Whether you sign in directly or you skip and try to sign in through settings, it comes back to the same page and the same error, unfortunately. 

0 Likes