Can't sign in to S Health on my new phone

(Topic created on: 06/06/20 14:10)
DuskyReaper
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Old phone: Oneplus 6T

New phone: Oneplus 7 Pro

I have set up my Galaxy Watch with the new phone through the wearable app, and this works with no issues.

However when I try to sign in to Samsung Health app on the new phone after I enter my credentials, it just go in to the loading spinner screen and dosent move past that.

I have tried to clear cache and local data and uninstall/reinstall the app, but it dosent help.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution
DuskyReaper
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

I actually managed to do it now. What I did was to start S Health without signing in, then go in to settings and sign in from there. 

Update:

Apparently the skip button is gone in the new update, but there is a workaround where you download an older version as @AT15  has described here:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/other-smartphones/can-t-sign-in-to-s-health-on-my-new-phone/m-p/...

View solution in context

70 REPLIES 70
Duncandt
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I'm having the same issue on my OnePlus 8 pro.

It worked fine, phone went for a new screen so I used S health on an iPhone for a few days. 

Now back on Android and after login it just spins and spins 😡😡😡

Solution
DuskyReaper
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

I actually managed to do it now. What I did was to start S Health without signing in, then go in to settings and sign in from there. 

Update:

Apparently the skip button is gone in the new update, but there is a workaround where you download an older version as @AT15  has described here:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/other-smartphones/can-t-sign-in-to-s-health-on-my-new-phone/m-p/...

View solution in context

Bob56
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
That's brilliant! Solved it for me and my wife, both having this problem was have upgraded our phones. Been trying to sort this for a couple weeks. Thanks.
theorange
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

You just made my day, @DuskyReaper (actually 3 days of repeated trying now). Thank you!

Anasus1
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi Theorage, Ive spent day trying to log in! Can ypu pleaese plese tell the step you folowed. Can't finfd settings to log in 😩

AT15
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I don't see a way to skip login either. Anyone who managed to without compromising your phone, downloading an older apk?

Alvils
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Working for me. Find older version off application by Google. Installed and then you can get in with skip button. After that I logged in and update application. 

AT15
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Thank you Alvils. Could you please help me with a link to download the older version of the app.

Really appreciate your help. 

0 Likes
Alvils
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
AT15
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Thank you Alvils, it is really helpful. Although I find this can compromise the security of your mobile, but I went ahead with this method for now and it worked. 

This is something that Samsung should really fix. Since Samsung health is the primary app for getting fitness data from Samsung's wearables to mobile, the process of setting up the Samsung health app on non Samsung phones should be straight forward. 

0 Likes
Anasus1
Options
Other Smartphones

Got it! Instead of trying to logging in just pressed Skip :smiling-face:

Bob56
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

That's it.  Think you can then log in from settings.

Aj1979
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi, just take care as i think you are just able to use Shealth but not necessarily synching your data. In case or a reset , if you are not signed in, you will not get back your data.

0 Likes
Laksefar400
Options
Other Smartphones

But where is the skip button?!?!? I have an Xiamoi 9T and I don't have any option to press skip...

Seth3399
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Unfortunately for me, there is no skip button on login screen. But if I enter login info... Just spinning circle afterwards. Customer support was no help. 

Screenshot_20210121-051753.png

0 Likes
Hedgepeth
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Someone the other day told me to download the December update. But you have to uninstall the one that you have. The skip button shows up hit the skip button and then you can log in at the profile page and my app is working now. I'll see if I can find the link real quick and post it up here that I used. It's funny we can send a Rover to Mars and get feedback from the Juno spacecraft that's beyond the solar system but we can't get a Samsung health app to work.

Hedgepeth
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

https://s-health.en.uptodown.com/android

Scroll down to the bottom and use the December update.

0 Likes
JohnDoh
Options
Other Smartphones

Thanks man! I have been failing to sign in for about an hour now. Weird that they don't fix that sh*t.

Andyskordis
Options
Other Smartphones

Thanks matey spot on. 

RebeccaS
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Thank you SO much for sharing this!