Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can't Setup Two-Step Verification

(Topic created on: 19-10-2020 10:29 AM)
Kenneth-071
Navigator
Options

I've been trying for two days now to setup two-step verification on my Samsung account to no avail. What happened was I recently factory resetted my phone (Galaxy A71) and I'm trying to restore my data that was previously backed up to Samsung Cloud before the reset. The phone informs me that I must setup two-step verification in order to be able to restore the backed up data but when I try to do so, I get to the point where it says that the verification code has been sent to my phone via SMS, only problem is, I never actually receive any text message with the code.

No matter how many times I've tried, I just don't receive any message with the code via SMS. At this point, I'm beginning to wonder whether the SMS is even being sent at all despite what the UI is stating. I wonder this because WhatsApp didn't seem to have any trouble verifying my phone via SMS when I was re-installing my apps and setting them up. I don't seem to be the only person that is experiencing this issue either, lots of topics on here tells of many others not receiving their SMS also.

To me, this is clearly an issue on your end, either with your software, servers or both. Come on! it shouldn't be this frustrating to utilize Samsung's services.

I feel as though this issue could have been prevented if SMS wasn't the sole option for completing the two-step verification process. Why are there no other options for this, such as a QR code that one can scan with an authenticator app and pair it with the account to receive codes that way instead? Putting all your eggs in the SMS basket is foolish IMO.

Anyway, It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can provide a solution to this problem. I've already tried the suggestions from other topics, but to no avail sadly.

99 REPLIES 99
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

This fixed my issue, much appreciated!

0 Likes
Envirogirl
First Poster
Options

That’s not much good if you can’t get into settings because you are setting up your new phone, unfortunately.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Why not? Just hit "Skip" and set-up your Samsung account later 🙂 This is how I did it after the factory reset.

0 Likes
Banuka
First Poster
Options

Its really worked. Thanks

0 Likes
Abenurizwa
First Poster
Options

I just solve this problem by unblocked the massage in massage app..it take 2 days to figure it out..

0 Likes
Hawks88
First Poster
Options

Solution is easy.

Where you type in the phone number type in the country code also.
Like if you are in the uk and your number is 11445544 you have to type in 004411445544, even though you select the country code in the drop down you have to type country code as well :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Raaj77
Pioneer
Options

I have had the same problem,  I change my number but forgot to change it on my Samsung account so when it comes to the two step verification it is sending a verification code to my own old number that was  registered and now i cannot change that number because it will not then let me log in.... what now? Thanks

0 Likes
JustinPeru
First Poster
Options

This worked for me. Thank you so much. What a ridiculous bug and waste of time for such an expensive product. Sort it out, Sambugsung

0 Likes
DeeTee007
Student
Options

Great! Worked for me! Thanks a lot. But Samsung should fix the issue.

0 Likes
adamvinh
Student
Options

I did not receive email verify account samsung community

0 Likes