Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can't Setup Two-Step Verification

(Topic created on: 16-07-2020 11:49 PM)
Kenneth-071
Navigator
Options

I've been trying for two days now to setup two-step verification on my Samsung account to no avail. What happened was I recently factory resetted my phone (Galaxy A71) and I'm trying to restore my data that was previously backed up to Samsung Cloud before the reset. The phone informs me that I must setup two-step verification in order to be able to restore the backed up data but when I try to do so, I get to the point where it says that the verification code has been sent to my phone via SMS, only problem is, I never actually receive any text message with the code.

No matter how many times I've tried, I just don't receive any message with the code via SMS. At this point, I'm beginning to wonder whether the SMS is even being sent at all despite what the UI is stating. I wonder this because WhatsApp didn't seem to have any trouble verifying my phone via SMS when I was re-installing my apps and setting them up. I don't seem to be the only person that is experiencing this issue either, lots of topics on here tells of many others not receiving their SMS also.

To me, this is clearly an issue on your end, either with your software, servers or both. Come on! it shouldn't be this frustrating to utilize Samsung's services.

I feel as though this issue could have been prevented if SMS wasn't the sole option for completing the two-step verification process. Why are there no other options for this, such as a QR code that one can scan with an authenticator app and pair it with the account to receive codes that way instead? Putting all your eggs in the SMS basket is foolish IMO.

Anyway, It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can provide a solution to this problem. I've already tried the suggestions from other topics, but to no avail sadly.

99 REPLIES 99
Alkouh
First Poster
Options

You mean that I should try to receive code every day and suddenly one day it gona be sent  ?

0 Likes
Baysider
Navigator
Options

@Alkouh  I wouldn't waste time with that, just get a backup code from the computer login to your Samsung account, and use the Authy app.

0 Likes
Alkouh
First Poster
Options

I didn't find a backup code as you said  !!

0 Likes
Baysider
Navigator
Options

@Alkouh  if you login to your account you see the first screen in my post on this page 
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/other-smartphones/can-t-setup-two-step-verification/td-p/1658233...
and follow what is what is written there to the next page, the next step is to click the right arrow beside Two Step Verification (bottom right) and it takes you to the screen below. On that screen you see the link for Backup codes, click the right arrow and you receive five codes to print or write down.
backup codes.JPG

0 Likes
Filip85
First Poster
Options

SA.jpgI have also problem with sms. I tried what is wrote...I hope that i understood well. But in profile is that double verification is off then I clic to arrow on right there is next window with start a then iI need sms with code again 😞

can someone help?

0 Likes
Alkouh
First Poster
Options

when I went to the processer as you mentioned I found that it's signed out of tow steps verification and I need a code via SMS to sign in !! so I can"t open the page you token about.

0 Likes
Baysider
Navigator
Options

Receiving SMS codes to verify your online Samsung account is not an issue unless you have incorrectly entered your phone number. The area where people are having issues is using the SMS code on their phone. You can receive the SMS code on your correct phone number and use that with no problems on your online account,  and then you get the backup codes from the online account for use in your phone. 

0 Likes
SpongeDawg
First Poster
Options

OK. I typed in the country code  01 before my phone number and it sent me a code. There is an hour of my life I will never get back.

0 Likes
Baysider
Navigator
Options

@SpongeDawg  well at least you have confirmed that this part works fine. This thread is about the SMS code entry looping when trying to login to the Samsung account on your phone, but it seems to have been hijacked by others who don't know how to enter a phone number properly and are making a problem out of the part that actually works !

0 Likes
SpongeDawg
First Poster
Options

Dude. I have never in my life ever had to enter the country code. Especially if there is a box right above where it is already checked.

0 Likes