Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can't Setup Two-Step Verification

(Topic created on: 01-07-2020 07:08 AM)
Kenneth-071
Navigator
Options

I've been trying for two days now to setup two-step verification on my Samsung account to no avail. What happened was I recently factory resetted my phone (Galaxy A71) and I'm trying to restore my data that was previously backed up to Samsung Cloud before the reset. The phone informs me that I must setup two-step verification in order to be able to restore the backed up data but when I try to do so, I get to the point where it says that the verification code has been sent to my phone via SMS, only problem is, I never actually receive any text message with the code.

No matter how many times I've tried, I just don't receive any message with the code via SMS. At this point, I'm beginning to wonder whether the SMS is even being sent at all despite what the UI is stating. I wonder this because WhatsApp didn't seem to have any trouble verifying my phone via SMS when I was re-installing my apps and setting them up. I don't seem to be the only person that is experiencing this issue either, lots of topics on here tells of many others not receiving their SMS also.

To me, this is clearly an issue on your end, either with your software, servers or both. Come on! it shouldn't be this frustrating to utilize Samsung's services.

I feel as though this issue could have been prevented if SMS wasn't the sole option for completing the two-step verification process. Why are there no other options for this, such as a QR code that one can scan with an authenticator app and pair it with the account to receive codes that way instead? Putting all your eggs in the SMS basket is foolish IMO.

Anyway, It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can provide a solution to this problem. I've already tried the suggestions from other topics, but to no avail sadly.

99 REPLIES 99
aldvt12
First Poster
Options
The only thing that worked for me because I cannot log in to the account on my PC too, it was asking for the stupid code. I tried many times that Samsung blocked the verification through 2FA and Text and then it asked me if I want to get a call to get the code, boom I click the call button (this is on my PC on account.samsung.com) they called and gave me the code it worked. I went to the settings and enabled the authenticator and added it to my password manager app. Stupid Samsung verification code *****!
0 Likes
Baysider
Navigator
Options

@Hond504  did you go to your Samsung account on a computer and get the Q-code to scan into Authy?

0 Likes
Alkouh
First Poster
Options

Am facing the same problem now! AS I UNDERSTAND FROM your experience I have to put another phone number instead of mine to receive the code !! Is that correct  ?  It's shimmy thing to do

Also if it needs to be repeated should I ask for another phone number to receive a code again!!

0 Likes
Baysider
Navigator
Options

@Alkouh no nobody needs 2 phones. You have to get the backup codes from your Samsung account by logging in on your latop or desktop computer. Then the Authy solution is the easiest one to use on your phone.

0 Likes
Jirob
First Poster
Options

My same problem..i hope samsung fix this issue soon..i need to factory reset my mobile now..so sad about the issue

0 Likes
Alkouh
First Poster
Options

Am really sick of it,  a lot of apps need to be updated 

I'm thinking seriously to delete my account and go to another smart phone. Samsung don't care 

All of this people have the same problem of not receiving a code text,  there is no ather option such as biometric or sending email only one sick option with text never being sent 

0 Likes
Baysider
Navigator
Options

@Alkouh  the Authy solution by @leexgx and re-shared by me in this thread works well and is easy. You just need the Authy app and the backup codes from your computer login to your Samsung account. 

0 Likes
Baysider
Navigator
Options

@Jirob  the Authy solution by @leexgx and re-shared by me in this thread works well and is easy. You just need the Authy app and the backup codes from your computer login to your Samsung account.  There is no need to do a factory reset. 

0 Likes
MarkB77
Apprentice
Options

Holy F, this is annoying as hell!! Calling Samsung Suppoort doesn't help, nor does help.content.samsung.com. I've had 4 "representitives" on their website telling me to "Reset Samsung Cloud", and if that doesn't help, send them dumpstate file, which I did back on June 19. They keep repeating the same old suggestions for the last month, but it does not work! It's like i'm getting robotic or automatic responses repeating the same old thing. I'm litterally pissed at them for the lack of communication! But the Authy App did work, for now, at least! Thanks for posting this! Took me a while to figure out the Authy app.

Will they ever fix this??

Thanks to Baysider for this!

0 Likes
Baysider
Navigator
Options

@MarkB77   I don't think Samsung has the slightest desire to fix it. 

0 Likes