Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know that can help me with fingerprint log in?

(Topic created on: 01-08-2021 12:12 AM)
Suzyboo11
Explorer
Options

Does anyone know that can help me with fingerprint log in? It's not working and when I put my phone on it goes straight into my phone without a fingerprint log in.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
What phone model is it? Sounds to me you need to set it up in settings for finger print to work. Have you gone through the process of adding your finger print on the phone?
0 Likes
Suzyboo11
Explorer
Options
S21
0 Likes
Suzyboo11
Explorer
Options
Yes I have gone through the fingerprint settings but it just doesn't work 😕
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Yeah... so finger print log in is available.

Settings
Lock screen
Screen lock type

Under biometrics is Fingerprints

It should then prompt you to scan a print.
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Oh OK... hmmm.
0 Likes
Suzyboo11
Explorer
Options
Yep done that but when I come out of my phone then go back in it just goes straight into my phone without wanting my fingerprint! 🤔
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
So sounds like you've added a finger print... and is the option for "fingerprint unlock" activated? Screen shot attached.Screenshot_20210731-234432_Settings_30126.jpg
0 Likes
Suzyboo11
Explorer
Options
Yep all on but still not working 🙁
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
My advice here would be to go to your network store for the guys to take a look or if you live near a Samsung Experience Store, then make a service appointment so they can run their checks.

I would advise to back up your phone before going there. Maybe a hard reset may just clear a glitch out and it may work... but if you're unsure in what you're doing... let one the advisors handle it.