Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login to Samsung Account for used for phone purchase

(Topic created on: 13-07-2020 06:05 AM)
TechMinerUK
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

Bit of a bizarre issue here however I'm hoping someone may be able to assist me in the query.

I purchased an S10 last April using Samsung Klarna. When I did this I used my existing "Samsung Account" to authenticate on the portal for my details. Had no issues at the time and could login into the Samsung apps with my account and also my portal which showed my purchases.

Fast forward to this year and I can't seem to get into the portion of my account to view my purchases as I am greeted with the error

"Access to this site is restricted to authorized users only. We don’t appear to have your login details on our system. Please check the details you entered or speak to your system administrator for assistance."

Very bizarre as the account is clearly working for the apps and store side of things but as soon as it comes to past purchases it's as if the federated sign on element has stopped working. I did wonder if I had used a different account but the emails match up and this is the account I have been using for the past 5 years.

I've phoned Samsung support who in turn have looked into it but come up blank (Can't blame them really as this isn't a devive issue). Several phonecalls and various departments have led to the conclusion there is something odd on the backend.

I've also tried some rudimentary fixes myself such as loging in from a different IP address, resetting my password, clearing the cache and saved assets from my browser and trying a completely different browser and device to access the page but sadly they have not yielded any significant results.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as I would like access to my account as this is the final year of my S10 contract and I want to make an informed decision on my next purchase but to do this I need the existing contract details

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Certainly a conundrum @TechMinerUK 

Thing is no-one here can access your Samsung Account so I think you'll need to persevere with Samsung Customer services you contacted.

Or I recommend getting in touch with the Samsung Accounts Team to see if they can help You can reach them on 0800 995 1079. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes