Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera timer countdown led flash

(Topic created on: 13-09-2021 09:59 AM)
teeheee
Pioneer
Options
Hi,
 I was wondering if it would be possible to have the led flash indicate the countdown of the timer as I've noticed it only makes sound during the timer countdown. If this doesn't exist, please add this feature in the next update
Thanks
26 REPLIES 26
Gabgal
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here. Tried yesterday to take a photo of a group of friends. There's no way to notice how the timer is running against time... No flash indicator, the sound is way too low! Finally a IPhone user took his phone and resolved the problem. Apple has flash indicator that flashes each second...a lot easier! 

gchan
First Poster
Options

Hi teehee and Samsung team, 

Same problem to my S20FE.  I'm surprised with my 1st Samsung phone I just got last week that is lack of this feature while my former phones in other brands all came with it.  This is also a basic feature for all levels of camera. We use the phone for photos a lot in these years, setting timer for group or selfie photos is very common.  We won't be able to hear the beeping sound in a restaurant, outdoor environment, or meters away from the phone, etc but rely on the led light to show us the countdown for timer.  This is also the indictor for remote control photographing (eg. bluetooth remote) as a signal of activation, or we have to guess whether the photo was taken or not.

This is a serious issue for Samsung phones and hope it will be resolved in the next update very soon.  Look forward to Samsung's feedback

Decto
First Poster
Options

I'm also missing this totally basic feature. Just do it as the iPhone does it. Apple seems to lots of people happy (not me). But this is really a no go on my 20fe 😞

muajajajaja
Journeyman
Options

Same issue here. It's kind of unacceptable not to have this feature. It's so easy to implement. What the hell man

muajajajaja
Journeyman
Options

Hi. Then why not implement the feature as an option? So everyone can decide if they want it. Just indicate how much time there is left for the picture to be taken by flashing each second (and rapidly flash in the last 2-3 seconds). The shutter and timer volumes are very too low to be heard in a casual group photo situation (where everyone's talking and moving). Also, I don't get your explanation about a flash cam 'worsen the image quality'. What is a flash for if not tu use it for a picture? Idk, answer doesn't make any sense. Maybe you didn't understand the OPs request correctly.

Regards.

Gabgal
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the help but thks is a truly not acceptable answer IMO once the majority of the phones including Apple already have this feature running without any described issue.

Gabgal
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the help but I think this is a unacceptable answer since the majority of the phones (including Apple latest iPhone) already have this feature running without any described issues. 

muajajajaja
Journeyman
Options

I can't believe this is serious lol. How would a flash on a picture ruin then image quality? What is the flash for? Certainly you didnt understand @teeheee 's suggestion. The flash is supposed to indicate people how much time is left on the timer so they can pose correctly. Like i dont know how to say it more clearly. Sound feedback is not enough in most situations!

0 Likes
Cody_
First Poster
Options

Hi @AndrewL ,would you be able to pass to the developers please that the option to turn on a camera timer flash indicator would be greatly appreciated?

To me more specific, if the count down timer in the camera app is selected, the flash would blink with every second the timer counts down and then blink rapidly in the last second to indicate that the photo is about to be taken

This is a feature offered from most cameras to other phone brands most notably iPhone and previously samsung. A simple note that this would dimish photo quality and not have this option as default would fix the proposed image quality issues posed.

As someone that bought this photo for photography, not having this feature is a great disappointment and we now rely on my girlfriends iPhone to take group photos

Many thanks!

Members_mKAqIhH
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem today, I always argue my camera is better than the iPhone and it is but doing a group photo today it wouldn't register my hand as a signal to take photo and I found this out by physically checking the phone. Unfortunately the iPhone came to the aid, set the timer and the flash flashes for every passing second and then double flashed just before taking photo. Unfortunately the Samsung was a let down in that situation 😕