Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Camera stuck after oreo update

(Topic created on: 11-07-2018 09:48 AM)
Danielroth
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

I have a galaxy S7. After installing the oreo update when I open the camera app it's just a black screen only showing the 'click to shoot' button and everything is stuck. After 30 secs the phone says that the camera crashed and close it.

I tried cleaning the camera memory and also cleaning the entire cache memory of the device.

Does anyone expirinced this problem? Or know how to fix it? 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Other Smartphones

You could try creating back ups and then a factory reset. 

If that fails to help then please do use a Samsung Service Centre or Samsung Experience Store who will be able to help you further with this situation. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

AndrewL
Options
Other Smartphones
Hi @Danielroth

If you dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad and select 'Megacam', does the same issue occur during this camera test? If so then I'd also recommend visiting your nearest Samsung Experience Store or Support Centre to arrange for the phone to be inspected by an engineer. You can find your nearest one by checking the following link, selecting ' Mobile Device' and entering your post code: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/.
Danielroth
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi,

Thank you for replying!

unfurtunatly it does happen when I press 'Mega Cam'

but when I press 'Front Cam' it states: "Warning, Data Line of front camera fail" but the front camera turns on

Are you sure there is no escape but to go to a samsung dealership/repair shop

best regards,

Daniel Roth

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Other Smartphones
Thanks for trying that @Danielroth. You can try a Soft Reset by pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. If the issue persists then, as per @BandOfBrothers advice, it would be beneficial to back up your data using Smart Switch on your home computer (http://www.samsung.com/ie/support/smartswitch/) or Samsung Cloud and perform a factory data reset. Once you're happy the data has been backed up, go to Settings > General Management > Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device.
Danielroth
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
I already tried soft -reset.
I will backup my data and perform factory reset.
thank you for answering!
0 Likes
DannyT
Options
Other Smartphones
Do let us know how you get on, @Danielroth.

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Solution
Danielroth
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi! Thank you for your help!

Unfortunately the factory reset didnt help. Will go to the nearest samsung dealership to work this out

View solution in context

Helps_S
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi did you happen to get this resolved? 

My camera is now doing the same but only when I want to use the pro setting! Such a shame as I'm going on holiday tomorrow and really need to use it! 

Danielroth
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi! 

Luckily for me the issue fixed itself!

The camera just started working, I suspect it happened when I droped my phone and not due to the update. 

Sorry I could t Help..  Have fun on your trip! 

0 Likes