Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New Galaxy s8 back cover with some weird prints/stains

(Topic created on: 10-07-2020 11:21 PM)
bagbag
Apprentice
Options

Hello, i hope you can help me since this is quite weird...

I just had the back of my S8 replaced with a new one and i can see that there are some strange stains behind, if you really really clean in perfectly clean you can see them.

they look as if there's a gel or if the back is pressed too much. this is literally brand new so i was wondering20200710_215222.jpg20200710_215326.jpg20200710_215335.jpg. i just perfectly cleaned it with a microfiber cloth so that is NOT on the outside.

I understand that this piece is not like you can separate it, it's made like that in the factory.... my original one had none of that and my wife's s8 has none either (back and and screen just replaced too).

shall i heat it up with the hair dryer or something? wait that they disappear? just live with it?

Attached some photos but i am not sure you can see that.....

Thank you

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
N1NJA-TH3ORY
Explorer
Options
who replaced it for you the back cover i mean ?
bagbag
Apprentice
Options
a proper shop that does screen replacements and all type of repairs.

to add to the story. we just recently got our 2 phones with brand new original screens replaced since they were both cracked.... my wife's phone is perfect on the back as well...mine had a very tiny stain similar to those attached here but only one at the bottom of the back glass.

just 3 days ago, my phone had a very simple fall and the back glass cracked, so i had this one replaced with a new one just yesterday, in the same shop that did the screens.
0 Likes
bagbag
Apprentice
Options

what i don't understand is this : does the back cover have a touchable glass or someting in between or is one layer of plastic with some type of glass pressed on? 

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

Glass top layer with a plastic like material under layer. With just visiting a "proper shop" doesn't tell us anything about who worked on your phone, if you went with local cellphone repair company and they might have bought non oem parts or faulty parts or even just a bad batch and the store you visited didnt check. If there is an issue with a repair then the shop that did the repair would be the best option to ask for help.

bagbag
Apprentice
Options

well, i was just curious about this if anyone else had this and if you can actually clean that stuff or not. I'm not going to go back to the shop just for this as this phone already went into 2 surgeries lately eh eh.  i don't know 100% if it was original or not, i know that the screens he replaced for instance were ordered from Samsung and very expensive too so i guess he uses orignal parts. i could ask but.....well 

the interesting thing is that i saw a picture of the case before being mounted and it looked fine to me....

it's not a big deal, is still good and shiny and you really have to look carefully for those. although is not "perfect! there is no loss of functionality or anything...

thanks,

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

@bagbag wrote:

well, i was just curious about this if anyone else had this and if you can actually clean that stuff or not. I'm not going to go back to the shop just for this as this phone already went into 2 surgeries lately eh eh.  i don't know 100% if it was original or not, i know that the screens he replaced for instance were ordered from Samsung and very expensive too so i guess he uses orignal parts. i could ask but.....well 

the interesting thing is that i saw a picture of the case before being mounted and it looked fine to me....

it's not a big deal, is still good and shiny and you really have to look carefully for those. although is not "perfect! there is no loss of functionality or anything...

thanks,

the shop was an authorised samsung center? That is the only warranty you have to know that parts are official.

If it was a samsung authorised center you can ask for a warranty swap of the defective part (repaired parts have a 3month warranty)

bagbag
Apprentice
Options

Hi

Yes i get that and i dont know if it was official or not. He uses original parts as far as i can tell.

Lets not syndicate on that. My question is, can it be cleaned or not because is underneath so nothing to do? Can i warrm it up with hair dryer? Is it gonna dry out? And why are they there?

If not then i will keep it like this.

Thank you

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

@bagbag wrote:

Hi

Yes i get that and i dont know if it was official or not. He uses original parts as far as i can tell.

Lets not syndicate on that. My question is, can it be cleaned or not because is underneath so nothing to do? Can i warrm it up with hair dryer? Is it gonna dry out? And why are they there?

If not then i will keep it like this.

Thank you

i do not know how to fix that, the part swap is the only solution.

Do NOT warm it up you will only loosen the adhesive keeping it in place

0 Likes