Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Bluetooth keyboards don't work with Galaxy S5 - fix soon?

(Topic created on: 14-12-2020 04:45 PM)
papadeltasierra
Journeyman
Options

I have a Galaxy S5 - great phone except it won't work with any Bluetooth keyboard that I've tried.  They pair to Apple iPads, a Galaxy Tablet and my desktop PC but not to the S5.

A quick web search indicates that I'm not the only person with this problem.  Are there any Samsung engineers on these forums?  I'll happy get some diags to help you diagnose the issue (I'm a software engineer).
Or can anyone suggest a solution?  Tried the usual "clear cache etc" and since the Bluetooth devices work with other systems, it's got to be the S5's fault 😞 .
Paul DS.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
papadeltasierra
Journeyman
Options

over the weekend I enabled HCI debugging and looked at the results.  The Samsung S5 is happy with the keyboard, accepts key strokes - and then ignores them!  Not found any difference between the HCI flows on this device and an older Samsung tablet with which the same keyboard works perfectly.

0 Likes
Solution
papadeltasierra
Journeyman
Options

I'm pleased to report that a new update to the Galaxy S5 firmware has solved the Bluetooth keyboard issues.  This release appeared around 14th December 2020.  Both full keyboards and "keyboard like devices" such as those little media control "buttons" are now working.

0 Likes